Signal 0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TISR construction updates (pics)

Re: TISR construction updates (pics)

Ah, I'm just goofin.

From their facebook page:

The electricians say three days of work left. Then they said they were taking Monday and Tuesday off. So that's awesome. Also, the guys laying the tile said they can't without air conditioning. So lets recap:
    Electrical done ~next Friday
    Tile done ~a week from Monday
    Bang, bang, bang ~a week from Monday
    I stopped by there today to see the new Shoot & Move offices and got a tour of the new pistol range. Man, that is going to be nice. They were working wiring up the last bay and had to get the AC working in there and then tile it. I really do believe we are talking a week away. It was cool seeing the targets working, moving back and forth. Pretty cool stuff.

Are they putting in a sprinkler system?

At this point I am not sure I could shoot if I wasn't dripping water . . or sweat.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

I think this whole TISR situation is a perfect example of how much our government hates private business, especially when business has to do with guns.

It's taken what, 5 years almost since he announced he was doing an indoor range. and a lot of that was the various alphabet soup agencies dragging ass.

anyways, it'll be good to see it open, it's right down the road from work for me
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

Yep, Rob and his family have taken a lot of shit from people. They have even been accused of committing fraud. The City has been the problem all along. They milked this deal for every fee, permit and every dime they could squeeze out, all the while hoping they could stall this long enough to starve this range out so it would never open.

Instead of people throwing bricks at TISR, we should have been hassling the Mayor and City Council for holding this whole project up
    Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

[quote author=bumblebee link=topic=508.msg18583#msg18583 date=1376228866]
    Yep, Rob and his family have taken a lot of shit from people. They have even been accused of committing fraud. The City has been the problem all along. They milked this deal for every fee, permit and every dime they could squeeze out, all the while hoping they could stall this long enough to starve this range out so it would never open.

Instead of people throwing bricks at TISR, we should have been hassling the Mayor and City Council for holding this whole project up
    [/quote]

I understand what you are saying but pushing this city administration on this would have proven fruitless. They didn't like it and thought they could delay TISR into non-existance.

As for Rob and his family taking a lot of shit and harsh accusations, unfortunately it comes from a world where most of us have been burned too often and now quickly react to such signs. The good news is that if they pull this off, most honorable people will happily eat crow and Rob and his family will likely be afforded even higher recognitions of honor as a result. I know I have only a limited desire to use an indoor range, but if they finish this off, as a result I will happily stop by and spend some money with them. Just because they over-earned it!

LOL. Dick. I mean, yeah, but.......... ;D

If he reads this; Congratulations Rob for what appears to be the realization of a dream and the culmination of years of hard work, blood, sweat, and tears. All the best of luck, and I hope TISR is a huge success.
    Thanks man. I really, really appreciate it.

And to answer your question from 2010, we'll be open August 23rd, 2013..... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by molary View Post
    Are they putting in a sprinkler system?

At this point I am not sure I could shoot if I wasn't dripping water . . or sweat.

No sprinkler system luckily. But feel free to spray yourself with a water bottle. (It is actually kinda hot in there right now)

Quote Originally Posted by Masharubu View Post
    [quote author=bumblebee link=topic=508.msg18583#msg18583 date=1376228866]

I understand what you are saying but pushing this city administration on this would have proven fruitless. They didn't like it and thought they could delay TISR into non-existance.

As for Rob and his family taking a lot of shit and harsh accusations, unfortunately it comes from a world where most of us have been burned too often and now quickly react to such signs. The good news is that if they pull this off, most honorable people will happily eat crow and Rob and his family will likely be afforded even higher recognitions of honor as a result. I know I have only a limited desire to use an indoor range, but if they finish this off, as a result I will happily stop by and spend some money with them. Just because they over-earned it![/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. And you're very right about the current political climate. EVERY single person we talked to in Tallahassee gave us the run around. The Mayor, all the commissioners, the "New business growth" blah, blah, blah, didn't wanna do anything for us. I called the Mayor and spoke with him on the phone a couple years ago, and he acted like it wasn't his job to even talk to us about starting a new business in his city.

My dad built a warehouse in Montgomery, AL, and the city gave him "Free Property Taxes for 10 years" for bringing business to the area. The Leon County Commissioners treated us like we were speaking Arabic.

If you spoke Arabic you would have been open years ago

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture