Signal 0
Likes Likes:  54
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ACTICVE SHOOTER TRAINING COMPLETED

ACTICVE SHOOTER TRAINING COMPLETED

Just an update to my training credentials. Last week I attended and successfully completed the Active Shooter Threat Instructor Training Program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) located in Glynco, Georgia. Thus... I am now a certified Active Shooter Threat Response Instructor... hoot....hoot.

While much of the training does have a "law enforcement sensitivity" aspect to it, there are some limited applications/techniques suitable for inclusion in the classes I offer.

If you work in the public domain, whether it be an office complex (small or large), mall, restaurant, or school... ask your employer if there is an active shooter response protocol in place. If not, I'd be more than happy to assist your employer in assessing your workplace, identifying needs, and developing a response plan.

Active shooter incidents are a reality... it's no longer a matter of IF... it's now become a matter of WHEN/WHERE.

A good video to watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

I'm supposed to hide under my desk and throw a stapler at the shooter, I seen the DOJ training video

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Excellent news sir.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by 0317 View Post
    I'm supposed to hide under my desk and throw a stapler at the shooter, I seen the DOJ training video
    Lol... I'll fight... I'm sure you would to. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission right? Of course then you have employers and their so called gun free zones...
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

The way I look at it if they ever find out (for sure) that I have a gun they will probably be over that gun free work zone thing by then and most likely wish they had violated the rule too.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0317 View Post
    The way I look at it if they ever find out (for sure) that I have a gun they will probably be over that gun free work zone thing by then and most likely wish they had violated the rule too.
    Yes... Sir...
    Let us skip the other lies, for brevity’s sake. To consider them would prove nothing, except that man is what he is—loving toward his own, lovable, to his own,—his family, his friends—and otherwise the buzzing, busy trivial, enemy of his race—who tarries his little day, does his little dirt, commends himself to God, and then goes out into the darkness, to re-turn no more, and send no messages back—selfish even in death.
    Mark Twain

I noticed that nowhere in the video did it say "use your concealed firearm if you have one". It's a shame that even in the face of all these tragedies that we still have "gun free zones" in workplaces. My workplace unfortunately is one of those zones as well. When faced with an active shooter, my plan is to sprint to the car in the parking lot and retrieve the trusty Glock.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

My plan is to end the threat, then confess to my long term chronic disregard for their GFZ at work.

Oderint dum metuant

If my (only) firearm is in my car and I can get to my car, chances are I will not be going back into the threat zone. If the gunman comes back outside in the open, i will be waiting. Hate to say it, but there is not a soul I work with that I would go back in for. If they chose not to arm themselves, NOT MY PROBLEM. Just like a fire, if I make it out, I am not going back in, not after I have made a way for me to be safe and see my family again. Sux, but that's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsons project View Post
    If my (only) firearm is in my car and I can get to my car, chances are I will not be going back into the threat zone. If the gunman comes back outside in the open, i will be waiting. Hate to say it, but there is not a soul I work with that I would go back in for. If they chose not to arm themselves, NOT MY PROBLEM. Just like a fire, if I make it out, I am not going back in, not after I have made a way for me to be safe and see my family again. Sux, but that's just the way it is.
    I work with my wife so I don't want to have to make it to the truck and back but if I had too yeah I'm going back.
    In an effort to avoid this she may or may not also have a long term chronic disregard for GFZ's

Oderint dum metuant