Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  54
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: ACTICVE SHOOTER TRAINING COMPLETED

Quote Originally Posted by cceveland View Post
    I'm sure you know this, but murder is the ONLY crime remotely close to being accurately reported on the UCR, and FDLE statistics are simply the Florida UCR stats aren't they? I want nothing to do with the debate, I simply don't want anybody to think that any of the statistics cited here (and I mean everyone) are to be taken seriously.
    Florida doesn't submit data to the FBI UCR which is why I included a separate link. That said, if the FBI UCR data aren't accurate, do you thing the Puffington Compost et al. are going to be better? The WANT high numbers to push their social justice agenda. That said, do you have a better set of data than the FBI UCR? I know they are far from perfect, but don't know another set that is compiled annually for as long as those to organizations. I can tell you right now that the Gun Ban Lobby doesn't like them because it allows to break out the murder data by handguns, long guns, knives, fists/feet etc. and it breaks up their average of 30,000 gun deaths a year into perspective given roughly half of those are suicide. Plus, it gives a number for justifiable police shootings and citizen shootings (except for Florida which is tabulated by FDLE).
    Last edited by BlueBronco; March 26th, 2014 at 02:57 PM.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    I agree with your last post whole heartly RUMBLER!
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!