Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  54
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ACTICVE SHOOTER TRAINING COMPLETED

Quote Originally Posted by Parsons project View Post
    If my (only) firearm is in my car and I can get to my car, chances are I will not be going back into the threat zone.
    Yep, the popo are going to expect it to be gun free and we have already established about 99% of the folks with guns shoot first and ask questions later, so no way in hell would I be hanging around.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsons project View Post
    If my (only) firearm is in my car and I can get to my car, chances are I will not be going back into the threat zone. If the gunman comes back outside in the open, i will be waiting. Hate to say it, but there is not a soul I work with that I would go back in for. If they chose not to arm themselves, NOT MY PROBLEM. Just like a fire, if I make it out, I am not going back in, not after I have made a way for me to be safe and see my family again. Sux, but that's just the way it is.
    I'll one up you,I would block the door so my boss has no way out lol.
    When there is beer involved,we all win.
    Me

I felt you went over the line a bit,when you theoretically wanted to fornicate with a mythical child.
    Daniel Tosh

So there's nobody that agrees with me in going back in to end the threat besides 0317? Where are my sheepdogs at?!
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”

Quote Originally Posted by OscarMike1127 View Post
    So there's nobody that agrees with me in going back in to end the threat besides 0317? Where are my sheepdogs at?!
    With the basis of the current laws, I'm not willing to risk my life, my income and my family for co-workers.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    With the basis of the current laws, I'm not willing to risk my life, my income and my family for co-workers.
    It's people like you that give me reservations about risking my life for another. While it may not be, true I like to think I'm not doing anything that anyone else would not have done.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

"It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" ...or for someone else to be on your watch. That is part of my ethos.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”

Quote Originally Posted by 0317 View Post
    It's people like you that give me reservations about risking my life for another. While it may not be, true I like to think I'm not doing anything that anyone else would not have done.
    We have a family friend who has been in jail for 13 months because he tried to help a woman who was being beaten to death by her husband.

His wife and kids are living of donations.

My job is to protect my wife and kids. I can't do that if I'm detained.

Interesting. Can you tell us the whole story? Did he use a gun? Was the husband who was beating his wife killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    We have a family friend who has been in jail for 13 months because he tried to help a woman who was being beaten to death by her husband.

His wife and kids are living of donations.

My job is to protect my wife and kids. I can't do that if I'm detained.
    You can't do that if your whole decision making process is based on what the repercussions may be rather than assessing the situation in real time and moving to produce a satisfactory result.

I don't think I could protect my family or myself at a satisfactory level with that kind of hesitation built in to my OODA loop

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by OscarMike1127 View Post

One more of them is right here.

. . . . I'd like to say something witty and perhaps even profound here.

But the truth of the matter is simply; if you convince me that you are about to, or are in the process of start to kill innocents, I will be your worst fucking nightmare come to life. Bottom line.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.