Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cold Bore Shots and Other Disturbing Trends

CCGF Driving Instructor TargetShooting's Avatar
    I'll test my Savage 10 today. See what happens.
    BAILOUT TARGETSHOOTING!

IMG_0506.jpg

"Terrible" Cold Bore Shot by me, from old Savage 10 w/ a 9x scope. The rifle has been sitting in Talon's safe for a month so it's not zeroed anymore.
    However the pattern matches what people discussed earlier.

I carefully fired the 1st shot, it's the hole on the left.
    After about 1-2 minutes I fired 2nd shot, it's the hole in the middle, which is somewhat 1 or 2 O'clock to the right.
    Then another 1-2 minutes wait, the 3rd shot broke. It drifted to the right at 3 O'clock.

Center -> 2 o'clock -> 3 o'clock, interesting.

After zeroed in the rifle started to behave. I want to reiterate that the "Gorilla Ammunition" is damn accurate. They should put "Match Grade" on their boxes because they really are IMO.

Here's a 12-shot group. Consider the rifle is old and dirty (I never cleaned it) and I am not a good shooter...the "Gorilla" is pretty decent 175gr 308 Win shit.

IMG_0508.jpg IMG_0509.jpg IMG_0510.jpg IMG_0507.jpg
    BAILOUT TARGETSHOOTING!

David, that rifle has less than a hundred rounds through it since it was new. Quite possibly, less than 50.

. . not counting what you have put it through. . . . I mean "what you have put through it".
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    David, that rifle has less than a hundred rounds through it since it was new. Quite possibly, less than 50.

. . not counting what you have put it through. . . . I mean "what you have put through it".
    can't remember but I think, a lot! I don't shoot like Dave W who comes to fire 3 shots and call it a day.
    BAILOUT TARGETSHOOTING!

Three shots is a lot! Especially if you can catch all the bad guys standing single file in a line.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    Who did he buy that piece of shit from? Heh

I dunno. The rifle I sold him is every bit as accurate at my Remmy 700P - it is a tack driving SOB.