Signal 0
Likes Likes:  58
Dislikes Dislikes:  6

View Poll Results: What are you interested in?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cleaning Workshop

1 5.00%
  • Swap-n-Shop

4 20.00%
  • All of the above

14 70.00%
  • None of the above

1 5.00%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: CCGF Cleaning Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I was trying to avoid setting a direction, because that is imposing my will. I was trying to see WHAT or HOW folks thought this should go. But since you fucked that up worse than a soup sandwich.

Did you just have a stroke halfway thru a sentence???

Seriously, while I can understand that, your goin about it all wrong. If you have an suggestion, put it out there. You have been here long enough to know that the final direction will be what the group as a whole wants/needs it to be.

Playing negative nancy IS counter-productive. You can try to twist shit to suit your fantasy all day, that doesn't change the reality.

Now, if your quite done with your whining ma'am, we have an event to plan...

Surfer, that is a GREAT fuckin idea.
    Sent from an Altoids Tin via Morse Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Craw is right. You guys just can't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastio View Post
    As a matter of fact, Crawdaddy was only trying to figure out how to put this thing together and what the general interest was. You've been pissing in his glass and are now trying to tell him it's adding flavor.

Mudbug has coordinated a couple of pretty successful events, in my opinion. Now, both of you, let's keep the penis waving in the shack and move on with getting this together as clearly there's interest.

Do we have any ideas for where to do this? I think the size and location of the venue will have a pretty big impact on the style of presentation.

Yes, sir. Sorry.

(damn, it showed up on the what's new page..)

As to the location....

I don't know what the rules and requirements are for renting the class room at Talon, but they have a BIG ASS whiteboard.....
    Last edited by crawdaddy34; February 19th, 2014 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    I'd be willing to come and hang out no matter what we're doing as long as the location is within a three mile radius of my house in Georgia. Maybe have it outdoors since the weather is getting nice and put some meat over an open flame, and wash it down with some tall cool budweisers?

FIFY.

I would like to see a couple of other folks step up with some unique ways to clean guns/gun parts.

Ultrasonic would be nice to see. I've only dabbled in it a little.

Having someone discuss how/why and what to clean would be useful to, especially how shooters of lead bullets face different cleaning that those shooting copper jacketed, why cleaning the barrel reduces accuracy, etc.

Some of the store bought methods vs non-store bought.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

I would like to see a couple of other folks step up with some unique ways to clean guns/gun parts.

Having someone discuss how/why and what to clean would be useful to, especially how shooters of lead bullets face different cleaning that those shooting copper jacketed, why cleaning the barrel reduces accuracy, etc.

That's what I'm talking about. Maybe a discussion on what you clean every time you return from shooting and what you do every so many rounds or months or whatever (and maybe there is no distinguishing between the two). I am all about this type of discussion.

I'm down with all of that...

My only reservation on the ultrasonic is will it be usefull to enough people to make it worth devoting time to...

I don't know so I'm asking. What's the startup cost on an ultrasonic system? We use ultrasonic lab equipment where I work and that shit is HELLA expensive.....

Quote Originally Posted by surfer5 View Post
    ...a discussion on what you clean every time you return from shooting ...

1911's

Quote Originally Posted by surfer5 View Post
    ...what you do every so many rounds or months or whatever ....

Glock's

You mean like that???

Ultrasonic can be cheap, $60 bucks at HF.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy34 View Post
    Seriously, while I can understand that, your goin about it all wrong. If you have an suggestion, put it out there. You have been here long enough to know that the final direction will be what the group as a whole wants/needs it to be.

Playing negative nancy IS counter-productive. You can try to twist shit to suit your fantasy all day, that doesn't change the reality.
    You are asking how many people are going to show up for an unplanned event at an unspecified time and location and I'm being negative by asking what KIND of format are you looking at?

Fruck no wonder this country is going down the shitter.
    Last edited by Dale Gribble; February 19th, 2014 at 03:51 PM.