Likes Likes:  58
Dislikes Dislikes:  6

View Poll Results: What are you interested in?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cleaning Workshop

1 5.00%
  • Swap-n-Shop

4 20.00%
  • All of the above

14 70.00%
  • None of the above

1 5.00%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: CCGF Cleaning Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    My preferred method was the shower, so I guess I'll have to sit this one out.
    Please...

Sent from an Altoids Tin via Morse Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Craw is right. You guys just can't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I'm actually trying to figure out what people want, because as I can see thus far this is an amorphous blob. Some kind of plan and agenda needs to be made to make this event useful. Do you disagree?
    No Dale, your not. Your telling everyone that this is a waste of time and unnecessary.

I'm actually trying to figure out what people want, because as I can see thus far this is an amorphous blob. Some kind of plan and agenda needs to be made to make this event useful. Do you disagree?
    Absolutely a plan and agenda needs to be made. However, that plan is LARGELY dictated by the attendees. Hence my trying to get an idea of who all would be interested. It's kinda hard to plan a date/time/location/agenda when you don't know who (if anyone) is going to be there.

I'm not going to get baited into a pissing contest with you over this bro. You made it clear three times (in case your unclear about what I mean by that, I made it easy, your posts below are what I'm referring to) that you had no interest in this type of class and that you thought it was a waste of time. If you want to keep trying to undermine it go ahead, there's not a thing in the world I can do to stop that. But it's a shitty thing to do and you know it. Personally I think you should do something constructive to help or get out of the way.

Can we start with a poll of how many people would actually attend? With all the info on cleaning guns on the web, and everywhere else I just don't understand how anyone doesn't have their own plan by now. Well, except newer shooters like TS.
    I'm just having a hard time seeing how this would occur. How many people can show you how to clean a gun before you take the now clean gun, chamber a round, and blow your own head off?

I'm trying to think of a format that would work for this without being almost useless.
    Ok so what kind of format do you want?
    1. Several presenters cleaning the same type of firearm
    2. Several presenters cleaning different types of firearms (presenter 1, AR, presenter 2, Glock, presenter 3 1911, etc)
    3. One presenter cleaning a firearm and 12 people telling him he's doing it wrong

No, I'm not. Actually in two of the three posts you quoted I asked questions. Seeming even valid questions.

I'm trying to see what format this is going to take, to see if it would be of interest TO ME. Sorry if that upsets you.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

No, I'm not. Actually in two of the three posts you quoted I asked questions. Seeming even valid questions.

I'm trying to see what format this is going to take, to see if it would be of interest TO ME. Sorry if that upsets you.
    I'm just having a hard time seeing how this would occur. How many people can show you how to clean a gun before you take the now clean gun, chamber a round, and blow your own head off?

Is that ^ your definition of a valid question?

You already made it clear it didn't interest you, so I'm gonna call bullshit on that.

It has zero to do with upseting me. You're missing the point. There are members that want this to happen. You pissing all over the parade because you don't like the idea is counter productive.

ETA: Also, I meant what I said, if you want to do something constructive to help bring this about that's great.

God damn, go get some vagisil or douche or whatever you need.

I would be willing to present my home made electric bore cleaner.

Now, what can you do to be productive other than wash your vagina?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

God damn, go get some vagisil or douche or whatever you need.

I would be willing to present my home made electric bore cleaner.

Now, what can you do to be productive other than wash your vagina?
    See, now that's acctually helpfull.

Who else wants to volunteer to teach some stuff?

Once we know WHO we can start working out dates...

Mudbug's on a roll.

I know in nerd world, we have things called "chalk talks". I don't know if that concept is in other worlds or not. Essentially, its a facilitated open forum. Maybe one or two people "run" the meeting but its mostly people talking about best practices and asking questions to the group. Maybe there are some lose planned demos to fill down time in case everyone is sitting on their hands. But mostly its a very liquid discussion without a set agenda.

I think with the various experience levels and the pure magnitude of different guns out there, this might be a good approach. I mean if you have an entire session on how to field strip and clean a 1911, a lot of people would not be interested. But if you have open dialogues about lube, cleaners, technique/approaches, etc, that might be interesting to people at all levels.

I dunno. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy34 View Post
    See, now that's acctually helpfull.

Who else wants to volunteer to teach some stuff?

Once we know WHO we can start working out dates...
    I was trying to avoid setting a direction, because that is imposing my will. I was trying to see WHAT or HOW folks thought this should go. But since you fucked that up worse than a soup sandwich.

As a matter of fact, Crawdaddy was only trying to figure out how to put this thing together and what the general interest was. You've been pissing in his glass and are now trying to tell him it's adding flavor.

Mudbug has coordinated a couple of pretty successful events, in my opinion. Now, both of you, let's keep the penis waving in the shack and move on with getting this together as clearly there's interest.

Do we have any ideas for where to do this? I think the size and location of the venue will have a pretty big impact on the style of presentation.