Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am seeing double crosshairs in a scope

CCGF Driving Instructor TargetShooting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    Nope, but I'll there on Sunday for a little C4 action.
    I will be there in the morning only. Can you help me put the sling on my AR?

As one who also wears glasses, make sure when you are looking thru the scope that you are also looking thru your glasses...I know I have had instances where I get behind the rifle and my glasses have slid down a little and I am actually looking over the top or my glasses frame. For me, my vision is bad enough that it is immediately noticeable, but if your vision is not that bad, it may be overlooked.

I often wonderd about that.. This may seem like a stupuid question but if you take your prescription glasses off and look through the scope, can you simply adjust the focus until it suits your vision or is theyre typically not that much travel in the focus....

Ive always had good eyes and take care of them, so I've never reallt thought about this.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    I often wonderd about that.. This may seem like a stupuid question but if you take your prescription glasses off and look through the scope, can you simply adjust the focus until it suits your vision or is theyre typically not that much travel in the focus....

Ive always had good eyes and take care of them, so I've never reallt thought about this.
    Unless your eyes are really bad there's enough adjustment to clear it up . For some reason most folks don't know about it though . I guess they don't read the instructions that come with the scope. About those good eyes father time skips no one stay tuned!
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    For most cases, it would seem that adjusting the parallax would help with that. Not completely sure though.

I am am shooting with it right now. No rear focus adjustment. I think either it's defective or my eyesight really sucks. But another same NF I bought is fine...

stop smoking that shit before u go shooting
    fuckem if they cant take a joke

Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLY View Post
    stop smoking that shit before u go shooting
    U got some?

Go to this link and look at page 2, http://nightforceoptics.com/pdf/OwnersManual.pdf , the reticle focus is adjusted by backing off the lock ring and rotating the eyepiece then locking it down with the lock ring. That will get the correct for near and far sightedness but not astigmatism. For that we have to get our eyeballs replaced with a younger set.

Did the adjustments I made help you any?
    If the enemy is in range, so are you.
    - Infantry Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith2077 View Post
    Did the adjustments I made help you any?
    Yes thanks Ryan. Still got some double vision again later but at 4PM FLT showed up and with magic touch he made the rear focus adjustment working. I haven't 100% mitigated the problem yet. Will do it on Monday.
    Last edited by TargetShooting; January 18th, 2014 at 08:17 PM.