Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to the Tally gunshow this weekend?

Wow! Time for another show at the NFFG this weekend.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

Any reports yet on todays show?

Crowded my friend. Crowded. Although there were some deals on ammo, relatively speaking. A couple decent gun deals. Everyone trying to capitalize on the newer stuff. Glock 41 and 42s were over priced by 50-130 dollars. That's just my take though.
    For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; -Proverbs 1:32

Ratione Aut Vi

Graduate
    Same old stuff . I went with a friend that wanted to go . We talked with several old friends and fellow gun enthusiast . And look at bunch of over priced guns and ammo that in many cases is the same guns and ammo I looked at for the last two or three years. Basically just the same bunch taking their gun collection out for a walk. And as always Tim was there selling cans and as usual I bought a couple from him. There was very little powder there and none that I was looking for. Other than picking up a few cans from Tim and buying a candy bar from a friends daughters fund raiser it was a waste of time and eight bucks.
    Last edited by FLT; January 25th, 2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

It's up to $8? Damn.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Freshman
    Funny, $8 is cheap for a gunshow. Most of the shows I have been to lately are charging $10 for even the small shows.

Graduate
    My son and I went small town gun shop hopping and found a box of 100 Speer 150 grain spitzer 8mm bullets for $10, a bunch of unusual cartridges for $1 each (like 9.3mm Mauser, a rimmed .46 cal round as long as my middle finger, .444 Marlin, .220 Swift, a .308 case necked down and loaded with a .22 bullet, etc) for my "collection", and a Chinese SKS with a bayonet for <$200. No crowds, either!

I'm not saying it's not worth it. I am commenting on it being up 40% in the last few years.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    I'm not saying it's not worth it. I am commenting on it being up 40% in the last few years.
    It's not.
    For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; -Proverbs 1:32

Ratione Aut Vi

Quote Originally Posted by Downrange View Post
    It's not.
    Is my math off?