Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Basic Precision Rifle 8/18/13: Photo Gallery

Hiding. Im in the back, all the way right

and I was first, I dont like setting the pace
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

The drill was LEFT...RIGHT...LEFT...RIGHT...LEFT

The goal of the drill was to engage multiple targets w/o coming off the stock... bolt guys, work the bolt w/o losing cheek weld.

We ran this twice for time I believe...
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikec2003 View Post
    Hiding. Im in the back, all the way right,and I was first, I dont like setting the pace
    Name:  DSC_0051.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  95.5 KB
    Name:  DSC_0139.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  100.9 KB

Group looks good to me. How come none were high?
    No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    I believe it was right, right, left left, right. Mind you Mr. Rum Bler was using a single shot which is more impressive considering his accuracy AND time.

Listen Lawrence we gave you the order right after the shoot SIR. I think it was Mike, Ceddie, MLawrence, "I like the balls better than tits", Me, Rumbler, Parsons.......I think this was the order. It was timed, shooting from the bed of Bob's truck.
    Yes you did, and I fucked-up by erasing it. But how'd you like the way I tried putting back on you guys? Would've got away with it too if you didn't call me out.
    No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. - Thomas Jefferson

the plates are 12x18 correct?
    respect the HAT!

Indeed, my targets are #6. Immediately above my photo.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    The drill was LEFT...RIGHT...LEFT...RIGHT...LEFT

The goal of the drill was to engage multiple targets w/o coming off the stock... bolt guys, work the bolt w/o losing cheek weld.

We ran this twice for time I believe...
    Correct (needless to say). My first was 34 seconds, the next time you told me to knock 10 seconds off, so I did. That is why ALL the shots were not on the little paint dot; I got sloppy.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by molary View Post
    Correct (needless to say). My first was 34 seconds, the next time you told me to knock 10 seconds off, so I did. That is why ALL the shots were not on the little paint dot; I got sloppy.
    Sloppy my ass... you did VERY WELL given the tempo and speed of shooting. No doubt you could have knocked another 10 seconds off and still scored BODY HITS. I tell you I was quite happy with the results from that drill given the fact many never fired at that distance before... and some never even fired a bolt gun before this.

I really like doing those LR speed drills....

I liked that drill too. And the command fire drill. You wont always have time to set up a perfect shot. Firing when youre told or having to fire fast really makes you learn how to manage a shot quickly. And Jewban, none of mine went hifh because my POA was at the neck, and .223 drops about 11 inches at 300 yards
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Mikec2003 View Post
    I liked that drill too. And the command fire drill. You wont always have time to set up a perfect shot. Firing when youre told or having to fire fast really makes you learn how to manage a shot quickly. And Jewban, none of mine went hifh because my POA was at the neck, and .223 drops about 11 inches at 300 yards
    The Command Fire Drill comes in handy when conducting a Sniper Initiated assault such as in a Hostage Rescue.

I got the pleasure of looking at some Crime Scene photographs where Command Fire was used by two Snipers to take out a guy who was holding a lady hostage. No shit... his brain was actually sitting in the backseat floorboard as if plucked out and placed there... unbelievable...