I've gone down the rabbit hole of "recovery" assistance due to me foolishly increasing my physical training regimen.

I've done the first phase of hatred (full cold showers) and my unrelenting stupidity now has me wasting hours cyphering out the cheapest way to see if I can get any benefits from the second phase of hatred: full immersion. I am planning on the ice in a stock tank method. I can always give the tank to someone for livestock or use it for a dog bath if I decide its just pointless misery to sit in a tub of ice water.

However, planning for the third phase of hatred, where I think I need to do this more regularly than I want to change the water and make ice or ice runs, I am working out the plan to build an actual cold plunge cooling via circulating water. I've seen a few chest freezer conversions, but something about that just seems like an opportunity to create a big heavy broken appliance.

So, if anyone out there knows what I am talking about / has done this dance and is no longer doing it but still has the aquarium chiller, pumps, water treatments, filters, or even a complete off the shelf system, please let me know.