• November 9th

8 66.67%
  • November 23rd

3 25.00%
  • I don't care

1 8.33%
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Jmoore's First Annual Chili Cook-off

Craw, let me know what folks are slacking on before close of business and I'll hit Sam's to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    About that raw milk thing . . . I was born and raised on real cow squeezins. To this day I remember the first time I had a glass of what folks these days call milk. I was almost but not quite six. Dirt had not even been invented at that point. Anyway . . . even at six I thought "why would anyone drink this crap - THAT ain't milk! That is some kinda white water with no flavor!"
    The reason I remember that so clearly is because I "thought it" out loud standing in the lunch line at elementary school. It got me a whap on the head from the lunch lady. Ahhh those were the days - act up and ANY grownup would straighten you out, without fear of repercussion.
    I miss the good old days. But not so much that particular lunch lady.
    I'm right there with ya. I grew up on my grandparent's poultry farm in the 60's, and they had a couple cows. I remember my Grandma skimming cream off the milk and she even churned some butter for homemade bread. I also recall in kindergarten when I first drank milk out of a carton..... I got in trouble for arguing that it wasn't milk......
    Never got smacked by a lunch lady but through high school in the 70's the teachers and principals were still whupping asses w/ a paddle......
    The Obama presidency is not a cure for anything; it is a major symptom of a soon-to-be fatal disease........
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Expecting a criminal to care that his gun is illegal is like expecting a car-bomber to care that he double-parked.-JTC

Freshman
    I've never been to talon before. Any suggestion on what best to bring? Shotgun, pistol, rifle, long/short range, tactical? I know they do it all, but what do they do best?

The plan is to occupy the last 50 yard range (furthest out from the pro shop). That will give us the largest variation on shooting distances, and put us right next to the rimfire and centerfire steel ranges. Down side is it does move us about as far from the rifle range as possible.... It will be availible, as I understand it, for anyone that wants to do some long range stuff, just gonna be little walk involved.

Hopefully this will give you an idea of what to expect and what you may want to bring...

Quote Originally Posted by corradolvr View Post
    . . . I know they do it all, but what do they do best?
    Teach. Train.

It may be helpful to understand that Talon Range was built for the purpose of giving us an appropriate place to train citizens in defensive firearms skills and tactics.

As it turns out, we do a heck of a lot of that. Even law enforcement and the military - even the military of other countries - have recognized and acknowledged that we are pretty darned good. So they have began training with us also.

Thus, it is viewed as incumbent on us to be able to accommodate virtually any firearm. And we do that. From the .22LR to the .50BMG and .408 Cheytac. We are full auto/select fire friendly, suppressor friendly, shotgun friendly, heck we even tolerate people who want to shoot the 9mm pistol.

So . . . bring whatcha got. We have a place to shoot it that is appropriate.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

...heck we even tolerate people who want to shoot the 9mm pistol....
    LMFAO!

+Rep'd

From the .22LR to the .50BMG and .408 Cheytac. We are full auto/select fire friendly, suppressor friendly, shotgun friendly, heck we even tolerate people who want to shoot the 9mm pistol.
    Don't forget, airsoft training facilities and archery as well!

Okay, I'll pick up some plates (I don't plan on getting too many since we should already have bowls), cups and tea.

Probably bring a couple of gallons of publix tea or something. I'll also be bringing a few beers, and since I don't drink, it will be all for you wonderful folks.

Well, count me out. Coworker passed a nasty bug to me. Im pissed, small game is tomorrow
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

Okay, four 2 liters of coke, a stack of plates, a couple of sleeves of cups and a case of yuengling. Will do the rest tomorrow.