Signal 0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Talon Shotgun ranges open!

Grand Pooba

Talon Shotgun ranges open!

Just twanted to let everyone know that the Sporting Clays course will open Friday afternoon 9/6. 10 station, 100 round course. We also have one skeet range available. I will be out building the second skeet range Saturday but I plan on taking a break and shooting a round myself. We have 12ga and 20ga shells in the proshop and several nice O/U shotguns for rent. Come on out and enjoy your weekend with us.

J.D.
    Train like your life depends on it, cause it does.

Oh man...something that's been on my list for some time now. More good news from Talon. Maybe I can fit that in after USPSA.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

I'll be shooting sporting clays as often as possible!

Whoa. Just saw the rates. I haven't priced sporting clays in a while...even as a gold member, $30 seems high. Maybe I'll stick to trap/skeet.

I wish you could see the math. It is actually very reasonable.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Grand Pooba
    You think $30 per 100 targets is high? Go buy 18 Atlas 250 machines and 2 Atlas RTC machines plus the batteries and solar chargers. $30 bucks per round is actually kinda middle of the road price wise when you check around at other ranges.

*EDIT* I apoloize if it I sound like a dick, just trying to explain the overhead involved in this venture to provide a really fun sport. Just the equipment cost for the shotgun sports we have is in excess of $50,000. We have to pay for the machines somehow.
    Last edited by talon2; September 6th, 2013 at 12:16 AM.
    Train like your life depends on it, cause it does.

If you look around the state, you will see that Talon's rates for sporting clays are reasonable compared to other sporting clays facilities. We have been looking at a few downstate to hold a fundraiser for our scholarship program at work and they can range up to 48 cents per target (48 per round of 100) at some locations, plus cart.

Triad
    Congratulations JD - this is definitely a long dream come true. Sure is exciting and can't wait to try it out.

Awesome - excellent - just excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by talon2 View Post
    You think $30 per 100 targets is high? Go buy 18 Atlas 250 machines and 2 Atlas RTC machines plus the batteries and solar chargers. $30 bucks per round is actually kinda middle of the road price wise when you check around at other ranges.

*EDIT* I apoloize if it I sound like a dick, just trying to explain the overhead involved in this venture to provide a really fun sport. Just the equipment cost for the shotgun sports we have is in excess of $50,000. We have to pay for the machines somehow.
    You dont sound like a dick at all, I get it. Overhead is a bitch - those machines were not donated, LOL! It's all good - just a little rich for my blood - then again, so is Golf, which is why I gave golf up. Of course, Im spending on ammo what I used to spend on golf balls - or more...LOL

That's some good news!