Signal 0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  12

Thread: Updates to expectations moving forward

Updates to expectations moving forward

As of the moment I closed the forum for a little over a week, I will no longer be tolerating suggestive or overt threats of violence on the forum.

I'm also not going to be debating as to what rises to the level of a threat. I'm not looking for the legal definition. If I, in my sole opinion, decide that it looks like a threat of violence, I will take whatever action I see fit to deal with it. It's deeply stupid that I have to deal with this.

Also, if I ban someone and I see evidence of duplicate registrations, I will shut down all registrations for an indeterminate period.

Hopefully it is evident that I don't have the time to pander to that kind of asinine behavior.

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    No thank you. Your TOS are unacceptable in the extreme. You have turned everything inside out, attacking and punishing the innocent as if we/they had something to do with the guilty. You've betrayed everything Rumbler ever stood for and I'll not participate in any forum you have anything to do with so long as you reserve the power to invent crimes then punish the innocent for them. I discussed this very issue of threats of violence with him when Rumbler was setting up the forum, before it opened, and he didn't want to pursue even threats of violence but I made it clear that he had to, and why. And you had to in this instance as well... but against the guilty, NOT the innocent. The rest of what you have done and asserted that you will do in the future has run amok into the depths of petty tyranny and I've got better things to do than bend a knee, any knee, to tyranny or to tyrants small or large.
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier

I don’t really know what happened and don’t really care... but your approach to this is very ATF-ish... no? It’s certainly not the norm of forum management/moderating. It seems very tyrannical and unfriendly- and to your words, seems asinine. Maybe the culture is different, but for a pro-America/2a friendly forum... seems very odd. Not that I condone violence or whatever happened, just sharing from an infrequent user’s perspective.

Note: this is not a threat in case you think about banning me for disagreeing with you. Lol

As has been previously stated your heavy handed approach doesn't make sense, this is akin to shitting your pants and changing your shirt.
    If as you say "you don't have time" then pass the torch along to someone who wants to be here and active in this community.

Honor Rumbler
    Let us skip the other lies, for brevity’s sake. To consider them would prove nothing, except that man is what he is—loving toward his own, lovable, to his own,—his family, his friends—and otherwise the buzzing, busy trivial, enemy of his race—who tarries his little day, does his little dirt, commends himself to God, and then goes out into the darkness, to re-turn no more, and send no messages back—selfish even in death.
    Mark Twain

I find myself in agreement with the others. Don't punish everyone for what a handful do. Just quietly (or loudly, if you prefer) remove the issue - or get someone else set up to do it for you.
    Survival comes first, truth, understanding, and science later. (Taleb)

You don't like it?

You know how to leave.

There are no innocents involved here. Every single one of you are part of moderating what goes on here. Since the inception of this forum, every single one of you were meant to help manage and moderate the forum through vocal participation. Every one of you failed in that manner the moment I had to step in and take administrative action as you would rather watch and wring your hands at the drama. It's not just this time. It's every other time that things like this have happened and y'all just stood in the rafters and watched the train wrecks.

And quit speaking for Rumbler. That's disgusting. He's dead and you don't need to be putting a goddamn word into his mouth.