Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Labradar Chrono

Graduate

Labradar Chrono

I’m looking at taking the plunge and investing the money in a chrono that doesn’t rely on lights and timers to calculate speed.

Does anyone here have firsthand knowledge/experience with the Labradar chronograph?

I don’t but that’s the one I’m planning to purchase. Let me know if you get one or get a first hand experience from someone.

I want one as well but haven’t been able to use one yet. What I’ve read and the videos I’ve seen on them have all been positive.

Graduate
    DBTS

I expect delivery on the 5th unless something weird happens. It was “out of stock/backorder status: overdue” on several major online stores but I eventually found one allegedly in stock. I’m hoping I don’t get an apology email saying they were wrong about having some, and I will post a review once I get it. Hell, if anyone wants to come out with some pet loads we can run them by it and have a chrono party.

This will presuambly explain the loud noises in my back yard.
    There is a price that will get it sold now, a price that will get it sold eventually, and a price that just lets everybody know you own one.

Graduate
    I took it to the range a few days ago. The weather was cloudy with a slight drizzle/heavy mist. I took some ammo out with known velocities, and it read perfectly. No need to have the equipment out from under the cover, no sky screens or other assembly required.

I didn’t read the manual far enough to learn how to manipulate or save the data, but I will eventually. I did read that you should use a wooden or plastic backdrop, because a metal one (like a steel plate or indoor range backstop) can override the radar’s ability to find the bullet on the standard setting. You can set it to a low setting for indoor use.

More to follow.

Graduate
    I have a Oehler Model 35P , it’s well known for accurate information. My friend has the Labradar and when we tested them side by side the readings were very close . I doubt that the 35p will fail in my life time but if it were to I’d buy the labradar to replace it ,just because it’s easier to use, in my opinion.
    Last edited by FLT; May 15th, 2021 at 11:36 AM.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Graduate
    You know, info like that would have been helpful when I was soliciting information from anyone who had actually used one! You know, like I did in post #1!

Sheesh. You guys...

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    DBTS

I expect delivery on the 5th unless something weird happens. It was “out of stock/backorder status: overdue” on several major online stores but I eventually found one allegedly in stock. I’m hoping I don’t get an apology email saying they were wrong about having some, and I will post a review once I get it. Hell, if anyone wants to come out with some pet loads we can run them by it and have a chrono party.
    There seems to be a developing trend of SOME online stores actiing like"stuff" is in stock but it isn't, and you wait some unknown time period until it is...
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier