Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Depriming live primers

Depriming live primers

My neck tension was off, and had already primed a batch, so had to remove the primers. Tried it the other day with the Harvey deprimer. It’s worth the 60 bucks.

Put deprimer on the ground under a large rug to cover it. Push down with your feet on the rug and 40 rounds later, deprimed with no issue.

I'm not really sure why people freak out about de-priming brass with live primers, you'd have to try to make them detonate and even still I think they would have to be inserted upside down for it to happen. I've de-primed quite a few from rounds I had to break down, just wear eye protection, which you should probably do while playing with reloading supplies anyway.

Plenty of stories online about people’s 3rd cousin’s great uncle’s friends losing fingers to depriming. Mostly BS I’m sure but figure better safe than sorry.

I've deprimed in my progressive with live primers, not a big deal.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    I’ve deprimed more than I’d care to admit, no problem as of yet.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

With as badly as I have crushed some realizing only too late that I didn't get the NATO crimp out, its amazing I have not had one pop. I'm sure that will result in an underpant changing moment.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.