Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anybody Reload FN 57x28?

Anybody Reload FN 57x28?

While cleaning and organizing I found my AR57 carbine that I thought I’d sold/traded years ago. I also have the FN57 pistol and was wondering if anybody here has experience reloading this same Ammo. This Ammo appears to be hard to come by and I don’t want to shoot up my reserves if I can’t replace them.
    I have brass powder and maybe primers but no bullets etc just wondering. Thanks Brice

I don't reload this but I have heard it is a bit of a pain. I think you can use lighter .224 bullets.

Check this out:
    https://loaddata.com/articles/pdf/ld...arce%20lr1.pdf

I’ve got a little over 200 rounds of brass I’ve saved from shooting. I’m currently searching Youtube and the internet for likeminded people.
    If I could buy it easily and economically it wouldn’t be a topic for me but the way the world is right now I’m saving brass from everything except.22s ... but I might save that too soon. Thanks

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    If I have any reloading questions, I call mapper. I always learn more than intended... send him a pm..

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    If I have any reloading questions, I call mapper. I always learn more than intended... send him a pm..
    I’m pretty sure I’ve met mapper before ... I remember him being larger than me but generous.
    I’m thinking along the lines of possible pooling resources and or equipment and even offering cash to cover my lack of knowledge and/or skills.

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BWest View Post
    I don't reload this but I have heard it is a bit of a pain. I think you can use lighter .224 bullets.

Check this out:
    https://loaddata.com/articles/pdf/ld...arce%20lr1.pdf
    Excellent link with useful info. Thanks 👍

Graduate
    Brice,
    While I don't speak 5 seven, i do speak 22 tcm.
    I know that bullet selection as far as ogive length is a consideration. And the short hornet bullets were what it was designed around. (the tcm9r) had bullets seated deeper in the case and a coal of a 9 mm, for some conversions, where the tcm had a coal of a 38 super.
    I think the 5 seven can use better bc boolits than the round nose hornets that the tcm uses. But I haven't experimented. That's what the 35 vmax were for. The cases are diffrent dimensions and shoulder angles between tcm and 5 seven

I haven't got around to playing with it other than once.
    It is a shortened 223 case that sizes more like a pistol case than a rifle case, meaning at the very bottom of the stroke.
    I'd like to try 35 vmax in it to see what it would do. Powder selection on it was h110, but aa has some tcm powder. As well.
    That's as close to the 5 seven as I got, the poor man's version 22tcm. The cost for admission for me was less..

Name:  Screenshot_20210309-234139_Gallery.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  66.9 KB
    BWest thanks for the link, that was a nice read.

I did find this
    https://www.fnforum.net/threads/anot...-7-x28.179034/
    Last edited by mapper; March 10th, 2021 at 12:43 AM.

If you successfully reload 5 sevens, post the results. I’ve always wanted one, but I could never get past the ammo issue.