Likes Likes:  43
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brass tumbler additives?

Brass tumbler additives?

What’s your go to additive for tumbling brass in a dry vibratory type tumbler? I’ve seen some use Lemishine, Brasso, and Nu Finish. Just wondering what works for others.

Graduate
    I use Lemishine in wet tumbler, nu finish in dry, used dryer sheet to help absorb dust in dry.

Here is a old thread with discussion
    https://forum.capitalcitygunforum.co...for-your-brass
    Last edited by mapper; February 11th, 2021 at 12:16 AM.

you can get a lot of brass pretty clean just by shaking it around in a container with Lemishine and dawn. Pretty amazing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BWest View Post
    you can get a lot of brass pretty clean just by shaking it around in a container with Lemishine and dawn. Pretty amazing stuff.
    Yeah, then you just lick out the gunk from the primer pocket and you’re gtg. Tastes good too

quit shilling for your brand...

Name:  71Esin3S+xL._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  41.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brice 2020 View Post
    What’s your go to additive for tumbling brass in a dry vibratory type tumbler? I’ve seen some use Lemishine, Brasso, and Nu Finish. Just wondering what works for others.
    Haven't done the dry tumble thing. But I got the rock tumbler from harbor freight and some stainless-steel pins from amazon. Put the brass in with those with a few drops of dawn dish detergent for 3 to 4 hours... The water looks like mud when you pour it out and the brass is shines like it's new. Rinse with warm water and put in the oven for 150 until dry.

Graduate
    I’ve used all of the above , and gotten pretty good results with most of them. But for the first 10 years or so that I reloaded I didn’t bother with tumbling cases. They weren’t pretty but I don’t remember ever having a problem because of it.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

I use crushed walnut with no additives in dry tumbler. I haven’t found the need for any additives. 2 hours in the tumbler and I have clean brass.

Graduate
    I use the Dillon Precision tumbler additive. Works a ton better than media alone, and I do like me some bright, shiny cases. Of course, for that truly "like new" look, nothing beats wet tumbling with stainless steel pins.

The Hornady additive works good as well. On a side note horrible freight has 25 lbs of walnut media for $25. I haven’t used it yet because I just saw it the other day but that will be the next media I buy.