Thread: Brass tumbler additives?

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Do you reload 223?
    Nope. I’m not much of a rifle guy.

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Nope. I’m not much of a rifle guy.
    LOL ,Says the guy that can shoot the wings off a fly at a hundred yards with a pistol. Some us need all the help we can get just to hit the general area of the bullseye.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I use a HF ultrasonic and it gets the brass and pockets clean. Not clean like thumbing with steel pins, but the dirt is gone, its just not super shiny brass. I use it for small batches of rifle stuff.
    That’s mostly what I reload. I’ve been thinking about trying a sonic. Small sonics are relatively inexpensive.

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridawally View Post
    That’s mostly what I reload. I’ve been thinking about trying a sonic. Small sonics are relatively inexpensive.
    OK, if you want to do a comparison between, dry media and brushing primer pockets out, and wet tumbling with pins, with primers removed, you can use a hf wet tumbler i have. I'd have to look to see if I have some lemishine, not certain. But I did use it when I was doing it.

I tried it before and it worked extremely well with the pins going through and cleaning the flash holes on small primer brass.

But, come up with a way to easily and effectively dry it. And normal runs what you would do in a dry tumbler.

That way the only difference would be when the brass is de capped and the handling time
    It would be a interesting comparison. Timewise.

Looks to be decent modification to the hf tumbler, but I've not done it.
    https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=98912.0
    Last edited by mapper; February 12th, 2021 at 08:49 PM.

And I thought reload was suspossed to be cheaper and quick. Reading al this, IDK.
    5G Motorola Razr

The more brass you process at a time, the quicker it is, per unit.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Shit for a long time I never cleaned the brass. Deer didn't seem to care at all....

Graduate
    I've used that "since I have other components that use the same things, it will be cheaper" on my bride with success before to justify that 6 mongoose and 243..

"dear, but I have brass and bullets and the rest of the stuff to feed it, it's just another set of dies, really"

But like most everything else in reloading, you can solve the problem just by reaching in the wallet.

Hence the wallet friendly option..

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    Shit for a long time I never cleaned the brass. Deer didn't seem to care at all....

Dad never did when he was shooting bullseye, either.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    But then I picked up a tumbler from Mike and a separator from you, now I like my cartridges all pretty and shit.....