Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obsessive Compulsive

Obsessive Compulsive

Doh! I collapsed the shoulder with my Lee collet neck sizing die, now I can’t stand to look at the reloading tray. These are from the same box of Peterson brass that I shot and reloaded twice. I’m thinking of pitching the whole lot! Burns my ass!
    Attached Images Attached Images

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Now isn't that a bitch. I'd sell the sonabitch to me and be done with a Lee...

I think that'll polish out

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    Now isn't that a bitch. I'd sell the sonabitch to me and be done with a Lee...
    Not only a diplomat, but a humanitarian to boot!

I love Lee collet dies, they provide very consistent neck tension. I wish Redding or RCBS would copy it. I think the patent has run.

Graduate
    Hmm...that's a bummer.

Now was this the only sacrifice of brass in the load block?

If so it could be difference in brass hardness between neck and shoulder.
    Last edited by mapper; January 18th, 2021 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Hmm...

I *may* want to practice with that collet neck die before I use my Uber good brass in it, incase it requires sacrificial brass.

Now was this the only sacrifice of brass in the load block?

If so it could be difference in brass hardness between neck and shoulder.
    I’ve used the die for a while now and have done it before on range pickup brass. Problem is the petals on the collet stick together every now and then. Common problem with the dies. It is easy to prevent and fix, I was just lax with maintenance. I should have checked the petals before running it. Also, I could feel the tension when I was pushing the case into the die, but my dumb self said “wow that’s a tight primer.”

Really not a big deal, just hard to look at 49. If I have a good day at the range, what am I going to come home and tell JR? “Son, I was in the zone - put 49 in the 10 ring.”

I truly don't understand throwing a bunch of cases away because one is fubar. Am I missing something important?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I truly don't understand throwing a bunch of cases away because one is fubar. Am I missing something important?
    Because I’m OC it bugs me looking at 49 not 50. I’m really not going to pitch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridawally View Post
    Because I’m OC it bugs me looking at 49 not 50. I’m really not going to pitch them.
    I always account for a few toss outs, if I want 100 rounds I tend to make 110. But yeah, I have a little ACD about symmetry as well.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.