Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Railroad ties or things i can use to make a berm

Railroad ties or things i can use to make a berm

I have a decent berm on my property as it is, but i want it to be a little taller. Looking for railroad ties or junk wood or stuff i can stack up and put dirt in front of

can pick up, looking to spend little to no money on this,but i figured i would see if i can find anything

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    If you go get railroad timber, best make sure you have a strong sumbitch with you....

Call or go by Mastech on C.C. northwest. West side C.C. between Old Bainbridge and 27. They USED to have a pile of utility poles they would give away. It was poles that were either broken or replaced for some reason.
    5G Motorola Razr

Graduate
    Depending on where this is, Railroad timbers can end up being expensive. Some places have a requirement to remove, at your cost.
    EPA and stuff. I have not dealt with this in a long time, so I do not know the current stuff.

yeah theyre heavy as fuck, i have 2 that took a couple strong dudes to move.

on top of TRPC's berms they have a wall that consists of 2x6s with a layer of gravel in between. You could construct one of those, then put dirt in front of it.

You could also stack up 5 gallon bucket's filled with sand. They will stop a bullet and the plastic is self healing.

I have feed bags we can fill with sand here. Come get some. Shovel is next to the pile.

You want some junk tires?

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    You want some junk tires?
    I've got some too if needed...

I have some smaller tractor and truck tires.

The bigger ones, go to a better cause.

Name:  giant-rubber-watertank2.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  151.4 KB
    5G Motorola Razr