Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IMR-4064 Out of Stock

IMR-4064 Out of Stock

Welp, guess I'll need to find another powder for 308. About 2 weeks ago, almost everyone had IMR-4064 in stock so I only bought 2 lbs from Bass Pro online. Today, I looked and "out of stock" Midsouth, Natchez, Brownells, Powder Valley, Midway USA - not one lb. First primers now powder. I guess I'd better stock up on SMK's. This shortage stuff is getting old!

Graduate
    It’s only going to get worse as time goes by.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

I couldn't find more 4895 or 4064 so I bought some Shooter's World Match Rifle, supposed to similar to 4064 I think. I'm going to try it in the Garand.

Graduate
    What’s powder going for per pound , these days?
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

In general, it doesn't seem like powder has gone up all that much. I made a couple orders from powder valley in the last couple months. It's just out of stock most of the time. (though not as bad as primers)

Quote Originally Posted by BWest View Post
    I couldn't find more 4895 or 4064 so I bought some Shooter's World Match Rifle, supposed to similar to 4064 I think. I'm going to try it in the Garand.
    Let me know How it works out when you try it. I found some VV550. I’m going to work up some loads with it. Sucks though since I just worked up a good load with 4064.

I hear good things about all the Vitavouri powders, they are just too expensive for my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    What’s powder going for per pound , these days?
    $30-$35 per lb, when in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BWest View Post
    I hear good things about all the Vitavouri powders, they are just too expensive for my blood.
    I hear you. VV I bought was $44 per lb, but I was glad to get something to replace 4064.

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    My prediction is that by 20 Jan 2021 (inauguration day) all shelves of all things gun related in stores anywhere in the U.S. whether brick and mortar or online, will be approximately down to whatever their supply chain brings in daily, which is to say next to nothing compared with the continued demand at that point. Depending on !1) who wins in the Georgia senate races, and (2) what their ownership or lease situation is with their physical facilities, that might be a good moment for the owners of those businesses to close their doors and start some other type of business... retire... whatever.
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier