Likes Likes:  89
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Planned system outage for host migration

Careful, you'll ruin your bad reputation

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Holy crap, that took forever and was way more of a pain in the ass. I ended up having to force the database online, do a complete backup of everything, delete EVERYTHING and then do a restore from the dump. I tried a lot of different crap to avoid it (I hate deleting shit because something might get missed) and I'm no database admin, but it ended up getting to the point that I had to nuke it from orbit because things got fucked all because the hosting service couldn't be assed to shut the server down before they did the migration.

Guess I finally need to update my backup script.

There's your like button.

Also, the button click cache is being rebuilt since it was in read-only mode when some folks clicked it. All posts pull from the "cache" table, so since it was read only and nothing was able to update it (which was why you were seeing the error when clicking the like button) none of the posts will show that a like button was clicked until the rebuild is done. Maybe about 30 minutes.

Oh, and some of y'all saying thanks can go suck wax fruit as you're talking out of both sides of your mouth anyways. Your appreciation is worth about as much as what I flushed down the crapper a bit ago.

Oh how I wish I could "like" that you disliked that post, WS.

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    Good thing the dislike button works now too.

I did a zillion hours of unpaid, voluntary, work in my past life, and never once did anyone as much as say "thank you" though one guy handed out some crazy plaques to some of us, and I got a generic scoutmaster plaque from the guys I had previously made special ones for. There were reasons for that, though, and such things are not a competition, anyway. You need to at least consider and not entirely reject out of hand the idea that SOMEBODY might be sincere when they express appreciation. Is that appreciation "worth" something? I aver that it is and suggest that if you don't think so perhaps you should reevaluate your definition of "worth". And if expressions of appreciation embarrass you... tough titty!
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier

Well I tell you what. If you wanna be a dickhead to someone and then tell that someone thanks for the ride, then it's just a "thanks" from a dickhead. It has the equivalent value of a backhanded compliment. I'm sure you can find my address and then send me any fucks of mine you find lying about, but until then I just don't have enough fucks to give a fuck about your opinion, flying or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastio View Post
    Oh how I wish I could "like" that you disliked that post, WS.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  9.5 KB

Let me help you out, as a token of my appreciation.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

This thread needs more fucks. Come to think of it, I need more fucks. Be back later...
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

Poor goats

Oderint dum metuant