Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plate Carrier + Plates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Plate Carrier + Plates

Howdy gang

Need some recommendations for 2 plate carriers.

The first one is for the my wife. Something not too bulky and somewhat lighter weight. She's a little lady.
    The other for me. Room for a handful of AR mags. Not too bulky.
    Both need to allow mount and dismounting of the Jeep

Not intending to go full pipe-hitting, door-kicker but need something just in case...

Saw that prices seem to have come down a bit since the last time I looked on the AR500 website.
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

AR500 does sales pretty often. I picked up one of their carriers with plates a while back because it was too good a deal.

If you don't buy one, you don't care about your family

This is the best shit out there. Cutting edge alien technology.
    https://safelifedefense.com/?utm_sou...UaArxLEALw_wcB

I was gonna say an interceptor vest. Now I gotta tell the fam I don’t care about them ... dammit; they won’t take this well. Seriously though, that looks like good shit
    I’m an engineer. To save us both time, let’s just assume I’m not wrong.

Lift with your back

I talk to myself because, at times, I require advice from an expert.

Only a fool courts the anger of a patient man.

We are all just one PBR away from being white trash and in trouble.

I have the front door of an old wood stove and some hemp rope, if anyone interested.

PS ..to not appear redundant, as I have already done an Eastwood post this week...this one is a bck to the future 3 reference, with Marty mcfly. Thankyou

Name:  doc brown.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  6.2 KB

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

I use a 5.11 carrier. Had to wear it over the weekend actually. Super comfortable.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Safe Life Defense......big fat hairy no. This is the cut directly from their website:
    "Safe Life Defense assumes no liability and bears no liability for any use, misuse or failure to perform. All products are sold "as is" and "with all faults." No warranties of fitness, or use are provided. The entire risk of use, quality and performance of all products remains solely with the consumer."

They are advertising heavily in my circles but are not NIJ spec, there is no secondary testing to confirm continuity of manufacturing, they will not conduct live fire testing for agencies who purchase, they will not provide samples for testing in advance of purchase, and they will not specify an actual lab where their testing was conducted.

What we suspect is they are using other makers gear in their carriers and sending them out to YouTube testers to show efficacy. One of their tests appears to be an old Stealth Armor Systems HEXXAR sample which was the rebirth of "DragonSkin."

They are retail point of sale housed in a strip mall in Las Vegas and do not have manufacturing capability. Assume offshore (Alibaba Market).

If you are considering upgrading your Jennings to a top tier maker like Hi-Point, this is the companion kit.
    Last edited by Tango147; June 23rd, 2020 at 09:58 AM.
    There is a price that will get it sold now, a price that will get it sold eventually, and a price that just lets everybody know you own one.

Ya well that's like your opinion, man. If all of the other cCGF members are into facts, details, and actual experience....good luck being an influencer.

I stick with the two and a half YouTube videos that I watched.

Drops mic...walks away