Likes Likes:  109
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mavis Tire...used to be Sun Tire

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I just got a quote for 450$ to soft washy metal roof. This seams very high. I can buy the equipment at that price..no? How do you guys do it. What are my options.
    Single story ranch, low pitch. 2400 sqft.
    $450 sounds like a lot until you add up the $250 copay for emergency room, then the days or weeks off recuperating from falling off the roof. Then the Fixing the roof because you stepped in the wrong place and bent something.
    I would pay the $450 and make sure the company is bonded

Touche Sir.
    My wife is laughing her ass off. We are however maxed on deductible for the year, so I would still like other opinions.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Ginger, don't get on the roof. God damn don't get on the roof with soapy water . It's almost hunting season and I'm not gonna wheel yo ass around..... Well I will, but I'm not gonna fucking like it ....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I just got a quote for 450$ to soft washy metal roof. This seams very high. I can buy the equipment at that price..no? How do you guys do it. What are my options.
    Single story ranch, low pitch. 2400 sqft.
    Setup a few stationary cameras and wear a go pro. I am sure you can turn a few grand profit on youtube once you are done stapling your sack to the roof, or whatever it is you end up doing.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

I thought soft washing was done from the ground with a long wand and chemicals

Sophomore
    I'd disagree with your analysis of sun tire, not that it matters much now. They screwed me 2 different times with about 6 years in between.

My first experience with Mavis, was a phone call asking if they would honor sun tire warranty, this was about 20 days after the sign changed they said yes.
    I show up, they do the work, charge me and would not back off of the charge denying the phone call altogether.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    There is no such thing as public money, there is only taxpayer's money.
    ~ Margaret Thatcher

I've been drinking..... I admit....but I don't understand.

So sun tire screwed you.
    Did Mavis screw you too.

Mavis honored the lifetime alignment I purchased with Sun Tire only once. Went there to replace a tire and get it aligned. Said they weren't honoring the alignment anymore. They also said that it was going to cost me full price to replace the tire due to a sidewall puncture, when they neglected to tell me that the set of tires I bought from them had no road hazard warranty to purchase with them when I first bought them. Turned and walked out.

Went to a little locally owned shop on Thomasville Rd near the 4Rivers place. They were able to source my tire same-day (about 5 other shops I tried couldn't get them for a couple days and the wife had to take the car out of town the next morning) and were super friendly.

Mavis can go suck wax fruit.

Somewhat related. Want to know if any of you can substantiate this.

Heard in a conversation that the company who bought out Super Lube ONLY changes oil and filter. No greasing zerts, no transmission check, no differential check, etc.

That doesn't sound good but I guess to folks not knowing any better it doesn't make any difference.
    5G Motorola Razr

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Folks who use places like that don't give a shit.