Signal 0
Likes Likes:  111
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Hornady lock n load system

Quote Originally Posted by polebarn View Post
    Cabellas has CCI #11,#11 magnum, and 4 wing but only in 100 count.
    Pick WS up a box of each. You know "for the elderly".
    5G Motorola Razr

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy27012 View Post
    So I tried DSH, Kevin's, academy, Guns n Gold & Adtec. There are no small pistol primers or 9mm projectiles to be found. I've been looking online and haven't found any either. So if anyone runs across some, please let me know. Or if anyone has some they want to part with, give me a shout. Thanks for all the help guys.
    Midway has CCI 500s in stock. A bit pricy after shipping, so throw in other items to mix up the cost. Speer 115 gr bullets are available for .12 a piece. At least it gets you started so you can learn now and not months down the road. When stuff comes back in stock later then you can buy in bulk when cheaper. Then you’ll know what to buy or not buy.

Thanks Clay's! I actually just got that email and jumped on it. So I got some on the way!

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    Pick WS up a box of each. You know "for the elderly".
    "The elderly" only accept "free stuff".
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier

My shipment from Midway arrived late today. So I've been spending some time in the shop and this is what I've come up with. 124 gr. Speer over 5.1 grains of Winchester autocomp seated to 1.135" I'm going to give them a shot next time I get a chance to go to the range. Let's hope this works out. Name:  Screenshot_20200723-225602_Gallery.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  52.1 KB

Primers seated a bit below flush? Any crimp? Looks good!

Put all the bullets in a loading block or normal factory ammo box. Put them in bullet down and look real close at the primers and the heights of the cases. Flip them over and do the same thing looking at the bullets. Anything not right will usually pop right out at you.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    I also load everything one step at a time (when I reloaded last.)
    Prime, put all cases primer up, check.
    Put all cases primer down, put in powder. Any double or over charge shows up in pistol rifle is deeper so harder to see. I use powder that a double charge will overfill the case to make it evident.
    Then add bullets. any not seated will also show up in a bullet block.
    Weigh a good known loaded case. Then compare the rest to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy27012 View Post
    My shipment from Midway arrived late today. So I've been spending some time in the shop and this is what I've come up with. 124 gr. Speer over 5.1 grains of Winchester autocomp seated to 1.135" I'm going to give them a shot next time I get a chance to go to the range. Let's hope this works out. Name:  Screenshot_20200723-225602_Gallery.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  52.1 KB
    When you test your first load have your cousin do it. And have him shoot support hand only. That way if something goes wrong, you’re still around to fix the load and tell us your mistake.

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    Quote Originally Posted by Clays View Post
    Primers seated a bit below flush? Any crimp? Looks good!
    I'm just looking at a photo, so what do I know? NOTHING!!!

But, I will say that I question the "crimp" or just plain old "neck tension". If the bullets are in there too loose and the bullet moves while being bumped around in the gun before firing, bad things can result.

Once again though, I'm just looking at a photo. I KNOW nothing.
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier