Likes Likes:  111
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Hornady lock n load system

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Also, you can find *some* loads on the powder company web sites, for using powders of that specific company... BUT... you really still need to read a manual or two, several times, first.
    I completely agree about reading the manual first. The lee manual (modern reloading) is great. I read the how to before setting up my press. As WS said Lyman is also a good one to have.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    If you are not using carbide dies you "MUST LUBE THE CASE"IF you not it will size upin the die!!!!!!
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

The Lyman 50th manual is pretty good.
    The Lee 2nd isn't a MUST, but has a ton of data that can give you a starting point, especially if you try and load some esoteric military surplus cartridge or something.
    The Hornady manual is good to have if you use their bullets a lot.
    The Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook is great to have if you will cast your own bullets.

So, got the press mounted. Got some dies. Got a manual. Got some brass inspected, deprimed, cleaned and dried. Now the fun part... anyone know a local source for powder, primers and projectiles? Looking for 9mm stuff. Thanks

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Dsh

If dsh doesn't have it you can try Kevin's

Appreciate it brother

Academy and Basspro both from time to time.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    I use Powder Valley online for most of my powder/primer needs. I hit up MidwayUSA whenever they waive hazmat fees on primers and locally I use DSH or Kevin's. For bullets I use Bayou Bullets for practice and Montana Gold for matches.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I use Powder Valley online for most of my powder/primer needs. I hit up MidwayUSA whenever they waive hazmat fees on primers and locally I use DSH or Kevin's. For bullets I use Bayou Bullets for practice and Montana Gold for matches.
    Country Sign up for there e mail and they will let you know when the deals are....