Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: casting for the .30 carbine

casting for the .30 carbine

Wanted to share my results casting for the .30 carbine

I use this lee .311 100 grain mold: https://leeprecision.com/mold-dc-311-100-2r.html

With mostly range scrap, they drop at 104-105 grains. Then I powder coat them with harbor freight red, and size down to .309

I use 2400, and tula small rifle primers. All in all my material cost is around $0.08 per round buying stuff locally. Ordering in bulk could probably lower that.

Accuracy and functioning are good, I wouldn't call it tack driving, but I wanted a plinking load and got one, I haven't shot it past fifty yards, but I have put probably 2-300 through my crappy gen 1 universal, with the only hang ups being caused by a new-production korean magazine I have.

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  90.6 KB

"In the thundering madness of the locomotive breath "
    Nice lipstick.
    The peaceable part of mankind will be continually overrun by the vile and abandoned while they neglect the means of self-defense. The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world, as well as property.
    (Thomas Paine, "Thoughts on Defensive War" - 1775)

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Nice lipstick.
    Thanks! I'm thinkin of putting out a whole line of make-up inspired ammo