Signal 0
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broke my 650

Graduate

Broke my 650

598BD13F-2FF5-4307-9ADC-35A7C09B7BC8.jpg

Broken 650 handle piece! Waiting on replacement part now.

Wow how did you do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graduate
    Just broke off while I was reloading. Metal fatigue, or something, I guess! That looks like an area that might get some pressure, though.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    wree you resizing communist brass for the 9mm? Haave an RCBS rock chucker that is 50yrs old.Dillon will replace that.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

AB, That looks like it's cast. I'm surprised Dillion uses cast parts that get high stress and not milling them from solid bar and the hardening them. Save the pieces and they can be brazed/welded back together.
    5G Motorola Razr

Graduate
    I was really surprised it looked cast as well. I use an offset roller handle which I’m sure increases the lateral force, but that’s about the last part I would expect to break. I know I have a lot of rounds on that machine, but as good as Dillon is, I did expect more.

The vast majority of ammo is .40, which is my flavor of choice for my sport, but it’s had a fair number of 9mm as well. Throw in the few 10,000 .38’s, .45 Colt, .45 ACP, and .44 Mag/Spcls, and the number of rounds on that 650 is pretty high.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    AB call Dillon they will replace it
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Or it could be....

bicep.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I was really surprised it looked cast as well. I use an offset roller handle which I’m sure increases the lateral force, but that’s about the last part I would expect to break. I know I have a lot of rounds on that machine, but as good as Dillon is, I did expect more.

The vast majority of ammo is .40, which is my flavor of choice for my sport, but it’s had a fair number of 9mm as well. Throw in the few 10,000 .38’s, .45 Colt, .45 ACP, and .44 Mag/Spcls, and the number of rounds on that 650 is pretty high.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Hey C/H is that from eating to many krispy kreme donuts

I'm glad dillion has a good rep for fixing stuff, because for the cost of that machine it would tick me off.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.