Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outage on 21-Dec-2018

Outage on 21-Dec-2018

I let a colleague onto the server to do some testing yesterday and he caused the server to crash a little before lunchtime today. On reboot, I had some firewall issues that took me a bit to correct. We are system-normal at this point, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Kulbick
    Well if there's one group of assholes around here that can fix that shit, this is the one. I know when it first starts, they cry and get all butt hurt, but that's when most people give up. Not us. I've never seen a bunch of people so determined, and so relentless, and constantly being insufferable pricks, long after pissing someone off, or pissing in their wheaties, as this bunch here. You want to toughen that kid up, you make him hang out with this collection of fuck heads and he'll start fighting back eventually and realize he can stand up for himself. We're good for society. Anyone who says bullying has no place in the world was bullied into believing that. CCGF will save the world, one milkhead at a time.

Well that explains that then. Thanks for the speedy recovery.
    "I'm not lying, I'm willfully participating in a campaign of misinformation." -Fox Mulder
    "What does a 1911 and hillbilly have In common....
    The both will cost u a fortune and only work periodically" -Ike
    beat it like a dead horse, or don't beat it at all.

"In the thundering madness of the locomotive breath "
    You would pick the very moment I was recovering some important information...

No. Not about Jo-Jo.
    The peaceable part of mankind will be continually overrun by the vile and abandoned while they neglect the means of self-defense. The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world, as well as property.
    (Thomas Paine, "Thoughts on Defensive War" - 1775)

That ringing in your ears...that was me

Thanks for all your work giving us a place to misbehave

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe. 1 Samuel 22:23

"There is a bear in the woods. For some people, the bear is easy to see. Others don't see it at all. Some people say the bear is tame. Others say it's vicious and dangerous. Since no one can really be sure who's right, isn't it smart to be as strong as the bear? If there is a bear."

Graduate
    Reactor online
    Sensors online
    Weapons online
    All systems nominal

For all the work and short hours Jonas puts into CCGF, I make a motion we give him a 15% pay raise. All you board members okay with that?
    Love and a .45--one will kill you one will keep you alive.

It's the love and camaraderie that I get from you folks that makes it all worth it.

Well if there's one group of assholes around here that can fix that shit, this is the one. I know when it first starts, they cry and get all butt hurt, but that's when most people give up. Not us. I've never seen a bunch of people so determined, and so relentless, and constantly being insufferable pricks, long after pissing someone off, or pissing in their wheaties, as this bunch here. You want to toughen that kid up, you make him hang out with this collection of fuck heads and he'll start fighting back eventually and realize he can stand up for himself. We're good for society. Anyone who says bullying has no place in the world was bullied into believing that. CCGF will save the world, one milkhead at a time.

So what was the NSA testing this time?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

To see if bot mitigation really works on the BigIP F5 and Citrix NetScaler.

Answer: Kinda.

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by jonastio View Post
    To see if bot mitigation really works on the BigIP F5 and Citrix NetScaler.

Answer: Kinda.
    Bot larva and bot flies

Last edited by Cattle/Horses; December 22nd, 2018 at 08:35 AM.
    Love and a .45--one will kill you one will keep you alive.