Likes Likes:  118
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Collector's Item Beretta 92F

"In the thundering madness of the locomotive breath "
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    WinterSoldier..."Eating insect larvae is no big deal though. Once, in the Panama Canal Zone, I ate a monkey's hand. "Tastes like chicken"... Then, I got a distinct feeling that I was shunned for awhile: (Hey... That's the guy who ate the monkey's hand. Lets get out of here!)" S

WS, Guess you did the Jungle Course in Panama? I had an Uncle who lived in Panama City for years with his wife and 3 boys. He was civilian, but knew a lot of military officers. We used to take trips into the Darién and go for picnics along the Pacific beaches. Some were black as in a pumice type quality. Weird for a kid who grew up on South Florida Beaches. We would visit sights in the Jungle and find Army gear from training events I suppose? I found a utility cap with a company badge, of sorts, on it. Have to find that to recall what group?? I believe it had a two tone blue field with a vertical sword and MAYBE some laurel wreath sort of thing?? We would find blank empties around on the road at times. Fun times.
    I think the reason it was a hand was twofold: (1) Monkey hands probably weren't high on the list of body parts valued by those who typically ate monkey meat. In fact, they were probably considered to be offal, in part because of (2) and partly because they had very, very, little meat on them. So, until the gub'mint started looking for them regularly, they were probably just thrown away. Then along came Uncle Sugar, and the price soared. (2) Psychology, i.e. opposable thumb, resemblance to human hand, taboo on cannibalism, etc. Shit. Don't let me get real hungry near you. I will eat YOUR hand... if I can be assured that it is prion-free. But not to worry, I'll take the one you don't use very much... I went to JOTC long AFTER I went to Vietnam. I wasn't squeamish about much by that time.
    The peaceable part of mankind will be continually overrun by the vile and abandoned while they neglect the means of self-defense. The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world, as well as property.
    (Thomas Paine, "Thoughts on Defensive War" - 1775)

Feedback Score
    I think the burning question here is: should I move this thread to General or leave it in B/S/T, because ain't nobody selling shit in this thread. It's one of the few threads that WinterSoldier is being interesting instead of ranting or being obtuse, so it's kind of notable.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Kulbick
    Well if there's one group of assholes around here that can fix that shit, this is the one. I know when it first starts, they cry and get all butt hurt, but that's when most people give up. Not us. I've never seen a bunch of people so determined, and so relentless, and constantly being insufferable pricks, long after pissing someone off, or pissing in their wheaties, as this bunch here. You want to toughen that kid up, you make him hang out with this collection of fuck heads and he'll start fighting back eventually and realize he can stand up for himself. We're good for society. Anyone who says bullying has no place in the world was bullied into believing that. CCGF will save the world, one milkhead at a time.

Feedback Score
    Sticky it somewhere. That alone deserves recognition.
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.