Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: football

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    Dale plenty of cities do not have university football teams, how in the fuck do they survive? Or are they just always in a slump?
    Every city has economic engines that bring money into them. They don't have to be football teams, or anything in general.

When ony of the cities economic engines slows down, it generally impacts the others as well, and it impacts the whole. Think of a town with a big military base, the down size the base, it impacts the town. It has zero do to with football specifically.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Roll tide. God bless.
    I’m an engineer. To save us both time, let’s just assume I’m not wrong.

Lift with your back

I talk to myself because, at times, I require advice from an expert.

Only a fool courts the anger of a patient man.

We are all just one PBR away from being white trash and in trouble.

Name:  6916596.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  54.5 KB
    5G Motorola Razr

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Every city has economic engines that bring money into them. They don't have to be football teams, or anything in general.

When ony of the cities economic engines slows down, it generally impacts the others as well, and it impacts the whole. Think of a town with a big military base, the down size the base, it impacts the town. It has zero do to with football specifically.
    yeah Dale I understand how shit works lol. If you would read my original post, it says winning or losing a football game does not affect ME personally. it has no effect on my life whatsoever. I've never had a customer call and say hey, the team lost, so I'm gonna cancel the new book cases..... I don't work on the Southside, I very rarely work on the Westside. I do not do any business currently with any merchants located around the campus. If my business and personal lifestyle was actually affected by a football game, I'd pour another drink and ponder where it was in life that I fucked myself by making bad decisions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    When the stadium doesn't sell out, the hotels don't get filled, the local food and drink places don't get customers. It hurts the hospitality industry.
    They have been building motels on Appy like hillbillies plant corn the past year or so.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBronco View Post
    They have been building motels on Appy like hillbillies plant corn the past year or so.
    This town had too few, now likely has too many.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBronco View Post
    +10 for your family reference!
    5G Motorola Razr