Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ladder test

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador

Ladder test

Twice in the last week on 2 different forums I have seen ladder test posted and both times they are only shooting one bullet for each charge weight. Everything err I ask what is learned by doing a ladder with only one bullet shot for each variation the thread seems to stop with no replies. So I'll ask here. What can be learned by only shooting one time for each one? I've always shot 5 bullets for each weight and went from there. I just don't see what knowledge can be gained by only shooting once.

You're spot on. A statistical analysis with a sample size of one is meaningless.
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    You're spot on. A statistical analysis with a sample size of one is meaningless.
    Kinda what I figured. Looking through the posts with comments on seeing a node between different throws, I was lost. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some kinda secret science and shit...

Are they using a Lead Sled or some shit that makes them feel like a single round is enough data? I’d think 3 rounds are at least a minimum.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Graduate
    Most likely those are the same guys that shoot a quarter size group at a thousand yards consistently.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Yeah kinda figured. In a way I was hoping to learn something.....

One round tests are about as close to retarded as any shit I’ve ever heard of.
    I’m an engineer. To save us both time, let’s just assume I’m not wrong.

Lift with your back

I talk to myself because, at times, I require advice from an expert.

Only a fool courts the anger of a patient man.

We are all just one PBR away from being white trash and in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    Most likely those are the same guys that shoot a quarter size group at a thousand yards consistently.
    Yeah anybody can do that...on the internet

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    My answer is a little different, since I pretty much consider any round that goes down range as opposed to somewhere else, to be "accurate".

When I test loads its more to establish a ballpark for pressure/recoil/velocity... none of which I actually measure any way except subjectively, anyway. One carefully measured and loaded round at each amount of powder is all I need on first blush. If I go on to a second level of more refined testing, then I switch to a larger number of rounds with each specific load. But, when I'm doing this, I'm in or near uncharted territory. In the manner that you are referencing, if I were attempting to attain long range accuracy, I would be loading lots of rounds. I mean, isn't it the journey as much if not more than the destination?
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier