Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: lee classic turret with auto index

lee classic turret with auto index

Does anyone use the lee classic turret press that indexes?

I have an old lyman single stage that I use now, but I have been considering this to get as a second press to load pistol ammo. It seems like on sale it gets close to 100 bucks (before buying the various measures, case ejectors etc).

any known problems with these?

Last edited by BWest; January 22nd, 2019 at 12:39 PM.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Buy the auto breech lock progessive ,ihave used both the auto indexing turret and am now using the auto breech .I use a rock chucker that is 50yrs old for my rifle shells.Very little difference in the price.Will need shell plate which is about 15.00$ for the size casing you are using.Very nice for the money had one of those high dollar Dillions,perfer the breech lock.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

I'm slightly leaning towards the classic turret, because I load many different calibers and don't want to buy all the shell plates, but I don't know for sure yet

I’ve been using one for about 6 years now and I haven’t had any issues with it. It’s not as fast as a progressive press but it will get the job done. I bought it as a kit and use the lee pro auto disk measure and it works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by BWest View Post

The first link is a lee turret press
    The second link is a lee classic turret ( don’t know the difference between the 2. I have the red one)
    The third link is a lee progressive press

Whichever you decide to buy go ahead and buy a turret for every caliber and an automatic powder dispenser.