Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting the Most Out Of Hot Weather Training

Graduate

Getting the Most Out Of Hot Weather Training

I pre load my magazines at the house so I don’t have to stand out in the heat doing it. Cuts down on the exposure time. Highly recommended.

Name:  BE9C4558-4681-4BDB-8D7F-1AD17F8D160E.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  57.2 KB

Is that all you take

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

What kind of mag extensions are you using?
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Graduate
    https://www.arredondoaccessories.com...e-pad-type-17/

The only hitch is you HAVE to buy the +10% spring from Arredondo. They have them wound with a custom spec from Wolff to collapse correctly into the basepad. The regular +10% Glock springs will bind.

In the Spring, Winter, and Fall, I can stay outside and have a productive 500+ round practice session. In the high Summer I just can't stay as focused as I need to for that long. I shoot through those mags and then reload five of the 19 rounders for a usual total of about 350-375 rounds per session, which is currently twice a week.

Edit: The two basepads that are shorter than the Arredondo's but clearly not stock are by Lightning Strike. They don't add any rounds, they just give the basepad a bit more surface area to grab.

I reckon after working in it all day, packing mags in it just doesn't seem to be a problem to me. Don't get me wrong, sweat in the eye is sweat in the eye. I guess I just have acclimated to it to a different degree. Stuffing mags on the ground doesn't quite suck as much as swinging a hammer 30 feet in the air with a ton of tools and fasteners and belt hanging off your ass, not by a long long way...
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by e.money83 View Post
    I reckon after working in it all day, packing mags in it just doesn't seem to be a problem to me. Don't get me wrong, sweat in the eye is sweat in the eye. I guess I just have acclimated to it to a different degree. Stuffing mags on the ground doesn't quite suck as much as swinging a hammer 30 feet in the air with a ton of tools and fasteners and belt hanging off your ass, not by a long long way...
    Y'all don't have a roofing nailer?

F a hammer in the A.

You can't hang facia with a gun, but I do use one for the soffit. I'm on ladders and scaffolding, not a roof. Fuck that roofing shit.
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.

I don't know which is worse, swinging a hammer or the passive aggressive, jugemental sighs, from 12b, Everytime I bent the nail. Which was 72.3 percent of the time. Hehe.

I haven't gotten one, but I can hear it in my head. You know he adds some animation because it's you.