Signal 0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRS

CCGF Head of Ambushes

IRS

everyone beware.There is an internet scam,E-mail claims to be from the IRS,saying that this is the third notification and they are going to levy my stste tx return for 1468.00$,well since we do not have a stste tax I checked with the police dept. they said it was a scam an to delete it.Just wanted to make people aware of this crap.Do not open if you receive it.theyused my actual e-mail address also.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    everyone beware.There is an internet scam,E-mail claims to be from the IRS,saying that this is the third notification and they are going to levy my stste tx return for 1468.00$,well since we do not have a stste tax I checked with the police dept. they said it was a scam an to delete it.Just wanted to make people aware of this crap.Do not open if you receive it.theyused my actual e-mail address also.
    Good job Johnny.

Pretty much the IRS doesn't email about stuff like this, so for everyone that should be the first point of "hmm". These attacks are however getting better. I happened to get one from a bank that I had started doing a refi with. Not sure if it was coincidence or a targeted attack, but targeted attacks are on the rise big time.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Got an American Express email Monday;asked me to download something because of unusual activity.I don't have an account.

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    Yeah, well, since when did you EVER hear from the IRS by e-mail?

"My name is Mr. Prince Philip, a solicitor for a client who has 7.26 billion dollars he recently inherited that rests in a bank account in Lagos and I'll gladly let you have half of it if you will help me bring it into the U.S. illegally, just send me a Western Union money order in the small amount of $957.03 to prove your good intentions", etc., etc., etc.

Also, never fall for that siren, flashing light, and loud voice saying your computer is locked up and you must send $ to get the lock removed. Just IMMEDIATELY hold your computer on-switch till it turns off, then reboot it and close the damn browser before it has a chance to open that locked window again... then reopen the browser without opening the windows that were open the last time. End of problem. Can your computer actually be locked and your hard drive encrypted so you can't do that? Apparently so, but the only ransomware I've actually encountered so far has been fake. If a real version ever hits me... that's what a cloned c: drive containing a recent copy of the operating system and programs, only, is for... and, I routinely back up the entire d: drive where all of the my data is stored. Or, there are other routes to the same result.
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier

Just tell them to call back on your toll free number
    1-800-366-4484

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

The IRS will only initiate contact via USPS. Any call ot email is a scam, unless they are returning a call or email
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Yep I knew that but posted it were people would know that they are trying.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

If you ever get an email from a government agency threatening something like this, call that agency and ask for their CID and report it. If the federal government is taking your money, you get certified mail usually with signature receipt so they can prove you got the notice.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Yeah, well, since when did you EVER hear from the IRS by e-mail?

"My name is Mr. Prince Philip, a solicitor for a client who has 7.26 billion dollars he recently inherited that rests in a bank account in Lagos and I'll gladly let you have half of it if you will help me bring it into the U.S. illegally, just send me a Western Union money order in the small amount of $957.03 to prove your good intentions", etc., etc., etc.

Also, never fall for that siren, flashing light, and loud voice saying your computer is locked up and you must send $ to get the lock removed. Just IMMEDIATELY hold your computer on-switch till it turns off, then reboot it and close the damn browser before it has a chance to open that locked window again... then reopen the browser without opening the windows that were open the last time. End of problem. Can your computer actually be locked and your hard drive encrypted so you can't do that? Apparently so, but the only ransomware I've actually encountered so far has been fake. If a real version ever hits me... that's what a cloned c: drive containing a recent copy of the operating system and programs, only, is for... and, I routinely back up the entire d: drive where all of the my data is stored. Or, there are other routes to the same result.
    I wish that method worked. I've had it twice, both times I had to format the drive and reinstall Windows. Even when I had a separate drive system, damn thing hit the storage drive first because that's where Firefox was installed, then it corrupted the SSD. Boot drive hasn't been the same since that crap hit it.

The folks that created cryptolock should all be repeatedly punched in whatever style genitals they have until they are rendered completely useless.