Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
...It is inexcusable in this political climate for gun owners not to be members of the NRA...

Last I read, there were 120 million gun owners in the US. If even half of them were NRA members we would have almost unstoppable political clout. Yet, we struggle along, bouncing between 3-6 million members and hope that politicians remember they tend to get voted out of everywhere except the urban centers when they vote anti gun.
Umm... I have a great excuse why I am not, nor will I ever be a member of the NRA. I don't want to pay them to lobby for gun control, help with gun control legislation, or call for the BATF to implement more anti-gun regulations. Unfortunately, I did donate to them before I realized they are only about the money and not our 2A rights.

I was also under the impression that the NRA fought for gun rights until my father (worked in the Florida legislature) told me about the NRA lobbying for gun control during the Bush administration. Since then I've done my own research and found that they have had a hand in most of the anti-2A legislation in the past 40-50 years.