Signal 0
Likes Likes:  69
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pro-gun rally to be held in Tallahassee

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    ...It is inexcusable in this political climate for gun owners not to be members of the NRA...

Last I read, there were 120 million gun owners in the US. If even half of them were NRA members we would have almost unstoppable political clout. Yet, we struggle along, bouncing between 3-6 million members and hope that politicians remember they tend to get voted out of everywhere except the urban centers when they vote anti gun.
    Umm... I have a great excuse why I am not, nor will I ever be a member of the NRA. I don't want to pay them to lobby for gun control, help with gun control legislation, or call for the BATF to implement more anti-gun regulations. Unfortunately, I did donate to them before I realized they are only about the money and not our 2A rights.

I was also under the impression that the NRA fought for gun rights until my father (worked in the Florida legislature) told me about the NRA lobbying for gun control during the Bush administration. Since then I've done my own research and found that they have had a hand in most of the anti-2A legislation in the past 40-50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    So his AR is sneaking out at night and killing kids? I don't get peoples thought processes sometimes
    I guess so. I just told him he REALLY was not a 2nd supporter and he got all offended.

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    Umm... I have a great excuse why I am not, nor will I ever be a member of the NRA. I don't want to pay them to lobby for gun control, help with gun control legislation, or call for the BATF to implement more anti-gun regulations. Unfortunately, I did donate to them before I realized they are only about the money and not our 2A rights.

I was also under the impression that the NRA fought for gun rights until my father (worked in the Florida legislature) told me about the NRA lobbying for gun control during the Bush administration. Since then I've done my own research and found that they have had a hand in most of the anti-2A legislation in the past 40-50 years.

Ok, so you have better information than the rest of us. What do you and your father purpose that we do to stop further infringement on our constitutional rights? If you know of a better organization , by all means share it with us. I send the national rifle association a sizable check every year and would like for it to go where it will do the most good.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    Ok, so you have better information than the rest of us. What do you and your father purpose that we do to stop further infringement on our constitutional rights? If you know of a better organization , by all means share it with us. I send the national rifle association a sizable check every year and would like fo it to go where it will do the most good.
    GOA is pretty good. I personally support both.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

If the NRA is so anti-2nd how come the grabbers are targeting them so precisely?

Graduate
    Because they are the only ones with enough clout to make any difference. I don't think they are perfect either , but supporting them is better than bitching about it when it is to late to stop the crooks and their co conspiracy minions.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Because they are the only ones with enough clout to make any difference. I don't think they are perfect either , but supporting them is better than bitching about it when it is to late to stop the crooks and their co conspiracy minions.
    I agree and that's why I posted.

Ok, so you have better information than the rest of us. What do you and your father purpose that we do to stop further infringement on our constitutional rights? If you know of a better organization , by all means share it with us. I send the national rifle association a sizable check every year and would like for it to go where it will do the most good.
    Well, most of the info is out there for anyone to research. The NRA has been behind more anti 2A legislation (that passed) than George Soros.

I wasn't quite the "gun guy" I am now when my father told me that, so I didn't care to ask anymore about it. My father just hated lobbyist because it was all about money. I'm not against lobbyist, but against the power that politicians have to grant favors because of lobbyist. We were just debating that point, and he was pointing out that the NRA was lobbying for gun control to scare the people into giving more money during a time when we were complacent (G. W. administration). This is what caused me to look into them once I became so involved in guns years later.

GOA is a good national one, probably the best one to replace the NRA.

Bush Sr. and Reagan fucked us over as well.I'm still a Republican because the opposite is untenable and not an option.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    I still send them hard earned money, in the hopes they can do something. But wayne LaPierre can go suck a cock.