Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shooter's world powder?

shooter's world powder?

Anybody use any of the shooter's world powder? I have been seeing a lot of ads for it/reduced hazmat fees. I think it might be the only brand the indoor range carries too (according to when I called them a couple days ago looking for red dot)

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    If that's the same brand talon carries, Johnny tried some not long ago.

12B, how did the 4350 work in the 25-06?
    5G Motorola Razr

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    12B, how did the 4350 work in the 25-06?
    Man I honestly haven't had a chance to see. I have some loaded, just no time. But I have had a chance to kill a couple deer with it. And I'm not real happy with the bullet combination used. Good size doe about 85 yards perfect broadside shot. No pass through, no blood, no evidence at all other than some spun out tracks. Deer went 60 yards and fell out. 60 yards in some places can be bad news.... Yes bullet did it's job, but it's not the combo I'm looking for. Now the next deer took one between the eyes, so I don't know if it's a repeated gig or not, but I can't chance it. I was shooting store bought 117gr SST about 3200fps. What I think I need to do is drop down to 100gr and scream that bitch. Really thinking about swapping the barrel for a 270...

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Do not use the Nosler Buzzard tips they are noterous for that crap.Their accubond is very good but their E-tips suck.I have a 243 in the Kimber 84 that regulary shoots 1/2 to 3/4 in groups the best I could get out of them was2 1/2 in.Called Nosler, talked to some dipshit,he asked me were I was at.I told him Fl,he said that bullet was not designed to shoot at sea level,i told him I had been hand loading for longer than he had been alive and never heard of such bullshit.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    yes I have been using that powder,it is very good.Excellent price.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Called Nosler, talked to some dipshit,he asked me were I was at.I told him Fl,he said that bullet was not designed to shoot at sea level
    Do fuckin what, now?
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Go back an read the post E.pennies.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how he thought he could just spout some nonsensical bullshit like that and it was supposed to fly.
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    I agree,easy,I had ordered them thru miday and they asked for my feed back and I told them excately what was said.It stayed up on their web site for almost a year.