Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDPA in Tallahassee

Graduate

IDPA in Tallahassee

So there's an IDPA club starting up at Talon which will host matches on the 4th Saturday.

From listening to the folks around here this is just what you're looking for! It's less "Game" than USPSA, requiring draws and reloads from concealment, you can't ditch a partial mag (reload with retention on the partial mag), and the use of cover is important. The guns are nowhere near as "trick" as you would see even in the supposedly "untricked" divisions of USPSA so they really are almost off-the-shelf pistols, the round counts tend to be lower than USPSA without as much running around.

I urge anyone who is too tactical to shoot USPSA to give IDPA a try. My schedule won't let me shoot the inaugural one this month, but I'm hoping to hit one soon. Never shot IDPA before, so it should be exciting!

Going to be at talon I assume? Have any info or website? I would be interested in looking into it.

I'd like to give it a try. Running isn't my bag.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    https://www.facebook.com/capitolcityIDPA/

https://practiscore.com/capcityidpa/register

Supposed to be six stages. I won't be able to make it due to work, but hopefully the next one. If I can keep my competitive nature under control, I am going to shoot this with "fun" guns rather than something that might be competitive or to test holsters and concealment techniques.

If you're searching for it, they used the wrong version of "Capitol." It's "Capitol City IDPA," when it should be "Capital City IDPA." Capital is the city, Capitol is the building.

Never shot at IDPA before but go to talon quite a bit, might have to get in on this next month. Hoping there will be some three gun soon

I think there is a big 3-Gun match coming up in November. Like a 2 day event.

It's been years since I have done one and it would be fun to get back into any of these. Thanks AB.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

December canceled due to flooding and low registration. January canceled due to the event coordinator being at Shot Show

Perhaps Feb.

Southern Tactical range in Holt has an IDPA group out of Gulf Breeze first Sunday. There were 50 people there last month.
    There is a price that will get it sold now, a price that will get it sold eventually, and a price that just lets everybody know you own one.

There is a big one in March at Talon: Tri-state border disorder. It's on practiscore.com and the IDPA site.
    There is a price that will get it sold now, a price that will get it sold eventually, and a price that just lets everybody know you own one.

And the Capital City IDPA match in the morning is cancelled again.....three months in a row. Yes, the big one 3/23 is still going but at this point it seems local is going to mean Little River in Valdosta.....which apparently floods on a cloudy day as it too has been cancelled repeatedly by weather.

Graduate
    Thanks for the research!