Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Subsonic 300BLK loads

Graduate

Subsonic 300BLK loads

What's the quietest 300 BLK load you've tried? I've got one with trail boss powder and 125 grain hornady Vmax that's quiet . in a bolt gun it's as quiet a .22 LR through a silencer.

It's about a 1045 fps
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

The only subs I've made are 203 grn projectiles with 10.2 grns of 1680. Since I'm shooting out of an ar I aim for 100% function over super quiet however.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    A1680 and H110 / W296 are my go to powders for ar sub and super sonic loads . There are some quiet loads using pistol powder for bolt action rifles. But they come with their on unique set of problems.

I'm running IMR-4227 for my subs and so far so good in my AR platform. I've got a container of Trail Boss that I want to try using my Handi rifle.

Graduate
    6.2 grains of trail boss will fill the case up to the middle of the neck , but it's very quiet in a bolt gun . I use the 125 grain hornady vmax but think most 125 grain bullets would work.

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    6.2 grains of trail boss will fill the case up to the middle of the neck , but it's very quiet in a bolt gun . I use the 125 grain hornady vmax but think most 125 grain bullets would work.
    Thanks FLT, I'll try that out!