Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shoot your Shotgun Bore Clean!

Shoot your Shotgun Bore Clean!

There is a new cleaning company on the scene flipping conventional wisdom on its head. The idea of “shooting” your gun clean might sound idealistic and fictitious, but it is something that now exists as a result of Huntego. They make a shotgun shell that can clean your gun if you shoot it. A more complete and better explanation of the product is stated on the Huntego website:
    CleanShot is a patented high-velocity bore cleaning device utilizing approximately 9,500 PSI of outward pressure to power scrub, trap particles and wipe your bore clean. Designed to be used in the field or at a range, CleanShot allows shooters to maintain their firearms with minimal cleaning equipment, effort and mess."

Read more and see the video...

https://huntegoltd.com

Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

Run it through a few of Abby's and get back with us

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    They can keep the gimmicks. You still have to run an oil patch down the barrel, another 4 minutes to clean it first is not that big of a deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    Run it through a few of Abby's and get back with us

Actually, when I showed this to her, she said, "No f@#$ing way!"
    Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

Looks a lot like the bore after running a "waxed shot" if you ask me. Just saying. IV8888 did some videos way back in the day with them, and showed the bore after and it had the same look. Regardless, you still have the carbon from the round you fired to clean it.
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.

Well I did get gifted a neglected LC Smith once. The bore showed rust and minor pitting. After 1 dove shoot the bore shown like a new nickel. The receiver took a little more elbow grease.
    5G Motorola Razr

Graduate
    What, wait, ---- you are supposed clean shotgun barrels?
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    What, wait, ---- you are supposed clean shotgun barrels?
    I treated my old 1187 like an old whore. A little spit and some grit and she was ready to go.
    "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war"

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    I treated my old 1187 like an old whore. A little spit and some grit and she was ready to go.
    As long as you lube the inertia sleeve to keep that rust powder from forming on it, you're good to go. Just don't let the damn interceptor latch stud bust.