Signal 0
Likes Likes:  183
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Trip

We decided that last week's trip was so fun we'd do it again. When we got to the river it was down a good 5-6 feet from last week, the current was a lot slower and there were tons more snags to navigate. We made the first 1/3 of the trip it was nice, slight overcast, light wind, there were tons of sandbars so we stopped and ate lunch. As soon as we were done it started raining a little, still not bad, kept us cool and the breeze started working in our direction. Well it didn't take long and we started hearing thunder and it was moving our way. We ended up power paddling the last 1/3 of the trip, by the time we made the landing my shoulders and back were burning and I was damn glad to get out of the boat and the river. We hadn't been 5 minutes getting the boats in the truck and heading up the road and the bottom fell out rain thunder lightning the whole nine yards. It sure made all that pain and effort seem worth it.

We sure need to get a trip planned up, but either way we're going to hit the river somewhere most weekends so if you want in on it lemme know.
    Last edited by 0utlaw; June 5th, 2017 at 09:04 AM.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Junior
    I was looking at a kayak tonight at Walmart. A lifetime Tamarack Angler... anyone know anything about them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHTW just got a Dolphin 10' open top fishing kayak. I've never been a sit on top fan but this thing is nice...

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Junior
    That one at Walmart was a 10' sit on top. Has two rod holders, a rod outrigger, two dry storage compartments, gear tie down front and back, like yours Outlaw, and comes with the paddle... for $257.

Didn't get it only because I was worried that it may just be a cheap POS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All but two of ours are Wallyworld specials. They hold up fine and I don't get indigestion when one scrapes bottom on rough concrete or bounces off a tree at full boogie because I couldn't turn hard enough, we aren't afraid to to take them places I wouldn't dream of taking a $1000 hand laid fiberglass boat.

Our thought getting the first ones was "We'll get cheap boats, if we like it we'll buy something nicer" we did buy nicer boats but only slightly, they're cheap boats with nicer features than our first ones.

Oderint dum metuant

Also we bought those first boats 6 years ago,they've been hundreds of miles down the rivers and in little forest ponds and we have never had a problem with one, we even let the grandkids use them when they're here and they are some tough on the toys boys.

Oderint dum metuant

Outlaw, here's a good site I use, it even works on my phone. Sounds like you could have used it this morning.

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...opchoppy%2C+FL
    5G Motorola Razr

Sounds like y'all had a good time. I need to take mine out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    Outlaw, here's a good site I use, it even works on my phone. Sounds like you could have used it this morning.

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...opchoppy%2C+FL

It said 50/50 chance, we figured "What the Hell, ya can't get odds like that in Vegas....."

Oderint dum metuant

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/outdo...rowing/1267595

I think the authors may have taken a little dramatic licence on this story or they are not the "seasoned watermen" they claimed to be.

Oderint dum metuant