Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  183
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kayak Trip

You wouldn't get too far on the North end

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

The Ochlocknee is the only river I've ever seen that seems to get narrower as you go down. It's wide for a mile below the dam where we fished for strippers, but a lot narrow where FR 13 crosses it. I don't know what it's like between these 2 points.
    5G Motorola Razr

Once you get South of Piney it's pretty hit or miss for anything bigger than a jon boat. There are a couple places where the river will be 30 feet wide and a foot deep when the water's down

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

I'm in depending on the date. I'll likely be in BigBadJon though. I can carry some extra coolers, water jugs and camping gear for others if need be.
    I also have a 13' Grumman canoe if anyone would like to use it.

I've wanted to do this trip for a long time but never gotten around to it. Keep us posted.
    Name:  photobbj1123.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  60.1 KB
    The problems we face will not be solved by those that created them.

That's quite the Jon boat. It would be a beneficial to have a pack mule.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Sounds to me like a public alibi so you can claim you lost all your guns in a boating accident...
    Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

I imagine there are plenty here who could sink a kayak with their gun collection.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I am in. For sure in.

You guys know ...this is not gonna be all fun...right?

Sure it will Julio. It won't be like the last time you swam a river.
    The problems we face will not be solved by those that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by rr53 View Post
    Sure it will Julio. It won't be like the last time you swam a river.