Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Powder pro scale & dispenser

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador

Powder pro scale & dispenser

All I can say is wow. I have been using powder scoops and a trickler to weigh powder. Mapper hooked me up with a guy selling this set up a couple months ago and I've finally had a chance to set it up. I took all my wife's sewing shit off her desk and took it over, she doesn't know yet, but that will turn into a different thread I imagine...... The speed and convenience of this set up is awesome. Whatever you press in, this gig drops it within +-.1 gr. I may have to pull a Ray Rice to keep the desk, but I'm running a single stage press in half the time....Name:  KIMG0239.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  44.7 KB

Graduate
    I hear you, i have a chargemaster i use for rifle, it is nice to put a primed case in the turret press under a powder charge die, put the powder in it set the pan back on the scale, turn the turret to a seating die, seat a bullet, swap cases with one under the charge die and have the next powder charge waiting on me.

My powder trickler trickler hasn't been used since I got the chargemaster.

A electric trimmer, a motorized case prep center, a charge master, and a good media separator made the tedious part of loading go away for me.
    Last edited by mapper; May 23rd, 2017 at 01:02 AM.

Hi tech rednecks . . .

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

Graduate
    12B if you set your powder measure to throw a charge that's 1 or 2 grains light and then let the pro charge bring it up to max it's lot faster
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    12B if you set your powder measure to throw a charge that's 1 or 2 grains light and then let the pro charge bring it up to max it's lot faster
    That would even go faster with 2 matched scale pans, just sayin'

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    Damn fine idea.