Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT ROBERT KELLER Oct 24th/25th

We have seven signed up and paid for... just a few more slots.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Two slots left...

Still on with two slots open.

​CLASS IS FULL!!! We're in for a great time!

I only believe you because of the red letters, the caps, and the excessive punctuation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Really good class. REALLY good guy. If you ever get a chance to take a Bob Keller course, do it. No Hollywood ninja stuff, solid rifle and pistol training based on real world experience that gets the job done. Thanks Bob Capps for hosting.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Graduate
    I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Bob Keller and definitely learned quite a bit. Even though I had some off days, it was great to hang out with a great group of guys and enjoy the beautiful weather. Looking forward to the next class.

How would you compare it to Pat Mac?
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_McNasty View Post
    How would you compare it to Pat Mac?
    I would do Keller again in a heartbeat, not so with PatMac. IMHO Mac was for the show, though I would never underestimate his abilities. Keller was for go and much better teacher. A true quiet professional, but a lot of fun to be around once he sorted out the group. Bob Keller was very down to earth, sincere, discussed differences between military, LEO, and civilian reactions to different situations, answered questions, and in my estimation... honestly cared. We worked on mastering the basic come up (from low ready with rifle or from holster with pistol) and then built on that with more exercises and timer work. Based on what he said, he had been in a pile of gunfights, and his focus was on teaching what works as simply as possible - he said that is what makes the difference. He did do a great job of explaining what he does, why he does it, and how he continues to learn from others. Accuracy and speed on target is the basic building block - you can't go forward until you have this down and gave us the tools/drills to work on it. BUT he often said, if you have something that really works for you - he wasn't going to 'make' you do something different. Just try it and then make up your own mind. Then build enough repetitions over thousands of rounds of quality (not quantity) practice, to build the muscle/brain memory so it is an automatic response. From one who has done a lot of Adult education in my field, Bob is going to do well in the teaching field once he retires in a couple years. This was his basic course but in all my courses I have taken (and I learn from each one), this one was at the top.

JW
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

My feedback sent to Bob:

If you want the bottom line upfront… seek out a class with Bob Keller at Gamut Resolutions. I had the pleasure of hosting one of Bob's classes (Intro to Tactical Carbine & Pistol) and before we were even finished with the first day, guys were telling me to schedule him for the next level class.

I have shot and trained with most of the guys in the class,and while all were experienced shooters who have attending various training classes before, NO ONE felt the class was basic despite the perception one mayhave with an "Intro to…" class. In other words, the class instruction was extremely beneficial with no useless filler. I actually watched as one shooter improved substantially by the end of the second day.

The rifle and pistol manipulation/mechanics drills and purpose-based instruction are geared toward one main goal which is most important in surviving a violent encounter… get up on the threat FAST and send that first critical shot ACCURATELY… then stay on your threat and engage until it has been eliminated.

Bob's personality and teaching style was better than one could ask for. Extremely approachable, articulate, and certainly not one of those "my way" or "who in the heck showed you that" type instructors. Bob carefully worked the group giving guidance and instruction where needed while pushing competent individuals to a higher level. Not an easy task for an instructor.

As the SWAT Commander for a central FL Sheriff's Office SWAT Team, it is my responsibility to improve my skills and ensure the team members receive the best relevant firearms training possible. As a Firearms Instructor, it is my responsibility to adopt, master, and then teach results-oriented based techniques that are proven. Bob Keller's instruction is just what he says it is in his videos… combat proven and not based on theory or theatrics. True statement.

I give Bob Keller and Gamut Resolutions my highest recommendation and look forward to hosting more of his classes.

I'm looking to bring Bob back for the Intro to Tactical Carbine/Pistol April 12th/13th (Thursday, Friday) and for Tactical Carbine/Pistol II April 14th/15th. I'll let you all know once Bob and I iron it out.