Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT ROBERT KELLER Oct 24th/25th

Class is up on the website.

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED... limit is set at 12. No exceptions.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Graduate
    This guy seems squared away. It sounds like a nuts-and-bolts "do your homework" kind of class.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    This guy seems squared away. It sounds like a nuts-and-bolts "do your homework" kind of class.
    I think we will spend more time physically "doing" things... if that makes sense. I agree with his claim that ready up type drills are where it's at... almost any situation you find yourself in, brining your firearm up and getting quick sight acquisition to get that first round off is going to be included in your actions/reactions.

He's already demonstrated in a video a different way of doing top offs with a rifle... it's completely 180 of what I teach... so like you mentioned in another thread, you start to ponder potential conflicts... but I think this is good as, if you are serious about improving, you will self-test the methods in conflict and decide what's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    I think we will spend more time physically "doing" things... if that makes sense. I agree with his claim that ready up type drills are where it's at... almost any situation you find yourself in, brining your firearm up and getting quick sight acquisition to get that first round off is going to be included in your actions/reactions.

He's already demonstrated in a video a different way of doing top offs with a rifle... it's completely 180 of what I teach... so like you mentioned in another thread, you start to ponder potential conflicts... but I think this is good as, if you are serious about improving, you will self-test the methods in conflict and decide what's best for you.
    Easy for me-if I fumble the mag, his way is better. If I don't fumble, AG's way is better.

Graduate
    I think I watched the same video, and yes, that's the first time I ever heard to just reload and then recover the partial magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I think I watched the same video, and yes, that's the first time I ever heard to just reload and then recover the partial magazine.
    To me... both involve the same tasks... retrieving a fresh mag, replacing the partially expended mag, and then securing the partially expended mag... both offer a solution with advantages and disadvantages.

Each has the rifle in a 0ne-shot posture for a very brief period of time. It seems Keller's way is more deliberate and w/o delay... but... creates a period of time where you do not have physical possession of the partially consumed magazine...meaning you must remember/make sure you secure it... otherwise, should you get flushed from your position or get distracted, you risk leaving something behind for the enemy or you may end up needing those few rounds.

All hypothetical of course for most people, but a serious consideration for a lone cop dealing with an active shooter.

DBTS
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    DBTS
    ??

I think he means he registered.