Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I Really need a reload manual?

Supporting Member
    https://youtu.be/98I1i8Toj8E

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That physically hurt to try to watch...
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas8340 View Post
    To put it a different way: I like to leave the range with my guns, fingers/hands, and eye sight intact. Buy a manual and learn the basics before you starting playing with things that go boom.
    Friends don't let friends, reload without manuals. I see people asking all the time, what others use on their guns, not wanting to do the work.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 30plusretlaw View Post
    Friends don't let friends, reload without manuals. I see people asking all the time, what others use on their guns, not wanting to do the work.
    It's not, not wanting to do the work. But if 9 guys with a 308 prefer varget with 165gr. Bullets, then that would or could be a first choice of powder rather than "try out" 2 others first.

Dildo Smuggler
    For the most part....many shooters do not practice enough to be able to shoot the same way each and every day. Many is the handloader who is without the proper means to hold a weapon the same way each and every day.

For a pistol....a Ransom Rest takes away a lot of "you" out of the equation and thereby giving a thumbs up to rounds that might otherwise be though of as inaccurate by a guy who just can not shoot well that day.

...the same goes for rifle rounds that are thought inaccurate by guys who do not test them in a rifle rest.

Once accuracy is proven in them it becomes very tell just how bad some people actually do shoot.

Our big mallet gets a few workouts a month. We endear what's left over as an "idiot gauge."

Dildo Smuggler
    I have purchased a few very nice rifles over the years that people have sworn up and down that they just never shot better than a one foot group....which immediately changed when I put a different scope on it.