Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  232
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Bowling Pin Shoot

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Acording to the radar we are suppose to have rain tomorrow,if not I will be there.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Junior
    Night fire at the academy this evening. I think it's Mike&Tyler's imbibing night. Not sure if the range tractor is still unavailable. Looks like a non-starter for today.

If they got the rain last night like I did you'd need a boat not a tractor

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Well we will try again next week.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Junior
    For today's possibilities, I'm guessing that the 3-day monsoon has sufficiently dampened the playing field to the extent that Talon probably doesn't want to roll its tractor around in the turf setting the tables up. That's just a guess. Assuming the tractor is back to being available for that sort of thing. That's just an assumption. But then again . . .

Junior
    Assuming the range is ready (ground conditions/tractor availability/personnel availability), looks like tomorrow evening will be a good one to get some pin shooting started back up. Anybody else up for it?

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Yes I plan on being there tonight

Junior
    Range tractor still having issues. No pins tonight. I was out there for my usual general range time prior to the pin shoot and it's also still quite damp on some of the ranges. Mike and Tyler are abandoning the area so they're not going to be here for future matches. General interest seems to have dropped off completely. Weather didn't help during the summer/early fall with constant rain. Maybe it has run its course and time to think about changing the dynamic. Monthly? Quarterly? Quit altogether? I know the weekly carbine get-togethers basically went away after a while as well. Everybody has other axes to grind, other tasks to complete and it's hard to maintain other activities in the face of that. Pins actually lasted quite a while and it has been fun but it may be time to change things up.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Well Ken,i hope not .I have not been able to attend for the past month due to all of the damage I have been dealing with since Mr.Mike Decided to visit us.Truck in the shop for a month,reloading shed almost destroyed,12 extremely large trees down,one thru the roof of my house.Have been having lots of fun.Wood fence down root balls you name it.

What about changing the day of the week?

I really enjoyed going out there. The camaraderie, the people the fun. But when my son started karate, it was on Thursday night. Now he is in cub scouts, same thing with meetings Thursday. Do you think there would be more interest if it was done on a weekend?