Signal 0
Likes Likes:  232
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Thread: Bowling Pin Shoot

I really hope it will keep up. I'm sorry I had to move on, shooting pins with johnny and ken was tremendous fun, but life goes on, as they say. even if it goes to once a month, or once a quarter, at least it stays alive, and thus, Rumbler, stays alive. Pin shooting was his baby, so, keep it going for him...
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy27012 View Post
    What about changing the day of the week?

I really enjoyed going out there. The camaraderie, the people the fun. But when my son started karate, it was on Thursday night. Now he is in cub scouts, same thing with meetings Thursday. Do you think there would be more interest if it was done on a weekend?
    Weekends are such a busy time for the range. That's when other competitions take place and there's usually something going every weekend. It's also their busiest times of the week. I don't think I've been out there on a weekend when most of the bays weren't in use. That keeps the range workers busy. Weekends are when they also hold their training classes. My guess is that they probably wouldn't want to add more to their plate on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Weekends are such a busy time for the range. That's when other competitions take place and there's usually something going every weekend. It's also their busiest times of the week. I don't think I've been out there on a weekend when most of the bays weren't in use. That keeps the range workers busy. Weekends are when they also hold their training classes. My guess is that they probably wouldn't want to add more to their plate on the weekends.
    The flip side of that coin is that if people were already out there, they may be willing to stay a little while longer to shoot pins. I understand where you're coming from though. I was just putting a suggestion out.

If they do decide to cancel the weekly match, I hope they would at least consider doing it once a month or so.

I will check with J.D. or Charlie today ask today if we can change it to a different week day ( I don't see why not)
    !

Junior
    Okay, it's (relatively) dry, holidays gone by, decent weather with no rain in the evening forecast, and it's Thursday. Anybody out there up for knocking some bowling pins off the tables tonight?

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    I would like to but will be unable tonight.When it rains it pours,I have a furnance man coming over to see about this furnance that refuses to stay lit.All I need is some more home problems after the hurricaine.Have just about have all I can stand with roofers carpenters,drywall finishers.Shit you name it and I have it! My inground swimming pool is still filled with debre,every time I get the water pimped out it rains ,fills it back."CRAP"
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I would like to but will be unable tonight.When it rains it pours,I have a furnance man coming over to see about this furnance that refuses to stay lit.All I need is some more home problems after the hurricaine.Have just about have all I can stand with roofers carpenters,drywall finishers.Shit you name it and I have it! My inground swimming pool is still filled with debre,every time I get the water pimped out it rains ,fills it back."CRAP"
    Bummer. I know the feeling. My Gadsden County property was trashed to the extent that I just gave it up in a quit-claim deal. New owner can pull the oak tree off the top of the house and clean up the 13 acres of downed trees.
    You want some of us to come over and give you a hug?

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Nawh I just want to be able to come back out and shoot with y'all
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Junior
    Went out there this afternoon for my usual Thursday pre-pins playtime. Just as well that nobody else showed up. Range ground is still highly saturated and not conducive to the tractor moving around setting the tables and even if the tables were already set up, a bunch of folks just walking around them would end up as a mud bath. Probably gonna take at least a couple of weeks of dry weather to get the range we usually use back in good enough condition. I think Charlie said it best on his radio show last weekend; it feels like you're walking around on a sponge. It's fine for ordinary use though. Had some fun checking out different ammo for suppressor use.